NGD!

• Thread starter Hammy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hammy

Sevenstringer
Reaction score
Got this last wednesday, haven't been able to post pics, so here ya go!

It's an LTD MH-307 in transblack. Picked it up for 600 euro's (equivilant of 750~ dollars) equiped with Seymour Duncan Blackouts! Epic deal!

dscf7921.jpg
dscf7927.jpg
dscf7923.jpg

dscf7931h.jpg
dscf7929.jpg

I'm blown away by this guitar to be honest. I've been on the look out for a neckthrough sevenstring (with floyd) that wasn't an Agile, and this one fits the bill quite perfectly! Neckwise it's probably somewhere between a Schecter neck with a little less shoulder (a shallow C I guess). I like!

Still looking for an RG1527 Maple though!

Fuck it, I'm out! :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Good score man, love the neck through! Blackouts are awesome pickups as well, congrats!

Izebecool

Reaction score
Wow thats really nice! I didnt know they made those in trans black. Looks sexier than the trans red imo. Great find man!

77zark77

Reaction score
Congrats mate ! is that a sexy purple one or black ? :yesway:

COBHC

Belongs On 1 String
Reaction score
Sweet jebus that binding looks great on that guitar.

Hammy

Sevenstringer
Reaction score
When people talk about bang-for-buck guitars, this one tops my bill at the moment (no matter the stock EMG HZ's). My only probs with this guitar at the moment is that it can sound muddy quite easily. Also the neck heel, but that isn't really a problem: it feels weirdly shaped. I can't really seem any reason why they would shape it like that. Really every time I go up to around 21~24 frets (also 17~24 on the low E to G) I feel like they could've carved so much more around that area, making a straight bevel (instead of this weirdly round shaped one) between the two heels and just making it moar accesible.

I've been using EMG 81/85's modded to 18V in my 6-string (ESP LTD Viper-2005) a very long time. Compared to the Blackouts, I'm not all that impressed to be fairly honest. I get the feeling it's more based around a 85/707 type EMG, cause it tends to get real smooth, instead of being tight like I've heard alot on the netz For now I'm not sure whether I should keep these Blackouts or switch to a couple of passive's (ofcourse covered up under some nice covers!). I get the feeling this guitar ain't bright at all, but maybe I can compensate with new pups.

Also not digging these being so high-output eighter, would prefer a medium/med-high output much much! :)

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I get the feeling this guitar ain't bright at all, but maybe I can compensate with new pups.
Also not digging these being so high-output eighter, would prefer a medium/med-high output much much! :)
Could someone help with my choice?

I will leave the pick-up choice to others. However if you want to talk to someone who has EVERY COLOR, EVERY MODEL seven string Duncan & DiMarzio and who Duncan and DiMarzio both recommend directly check this place out. You do not have to go through their Ebay site. They will be glad to help you from their Bricks store too. I have dealt with them in the past and have nothing but good to say about them. Custom Shop stuff from Duncan and DiMarzio also stocked. Very good email communication and they answer the phone too.

Mikes-Music-Shop.com > A full service electric & acoustic guitar & bass shop.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Awesome looking guitar man, loved my MH-307, definitely the best sub-1k production 7 out there. The thinner body is especially awesome.

Tristoner7

Reaction score
Sweet, I want to put a set of Blackouts in my H-307. Congrats, man.

')