NGD!

Reaction score
Been a while since I had an LTD in the arsenal. Action is way high at the moment, waiting on strings so I can get it set up. Considering getting it Plek'd if I decide it's a keeper. I'm usually not big on gloss black guitars but I was after a standard scale 7 with an evertune and this was too good a deal to pass on. My first axe with Fishmans as well, first active pickup I've had since the Duncan Blackouts first came out.

Attachments

• 20240721_172436.jpg
    20240721_172436.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 105
  • 20240721_172450.jpg
    20240721_172450.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 102
  • 20240721_172419.jpg
    20240721_172419.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Congrats! I think LTD/ESP 7's get a pass in being all black because they wear it better. (this is coming from an Ibanez fanboi lol)

Did those originally come with Fishmans or EMG'S? I thought they had EMG'S when I looked at those on reverb, but I could be mistaken!
It originally had EMGs... Those were included in the case! I'm gonna sell the EMG's to fund putting a Sustainiac in my RG7421. It was a killer deal without those or the surprise locking tuner upgrade. It does wear black well but I may get it refinished if I decide it's a keeper. Need to get it setup and put some time on it before I decide if it's a "forever guitar" or not.

Ordacleaphobia

Shameless Contrarian
Reaction score
Congrats! I think LTD/ESP 7's get a pass in being all black because they wear it better. (this is coming from an Ibanez fanboi lol)

Did those originally come with Fishmans or EMG'S? I thought they had EMG'S when I looked at those on reverb, but I could be mistaken!
They really do; I normally can't really stand gloss black guitars but slap it on a Horizon and all of a sudden it's ok and it's time to shred some TBDM.

golem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nice! I was divided on whether I really needed an Evertune as I never have issues with tuning on my guitars but then someone pointed out that you can fine tune the tension which is a nice feature.

Reaction score
Nice! I was divided on whether I really needed an Evertune as I never have issues with tuning on my guitars but then someone pointed out that you can fine tune the tension which is a nice feature.
My live performance days are essentially over, but i'm still writing and recording a ton with a plan to release a bunch of songs next year. This is kinda the start of me doubling down on recording gear I could really use. A guitar that doesn't go out of tune, has perfect intonation, and the ability to disable bends is most likely going to be a game changer! It's certainly not necessary, but it is an incredible innovation for guitar and too useful a tool for me to not give a chance.

golem

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Huh, never tried Blackouts. Now you have me wondering how different they are from EMG.

Reaction score
Clean!!! Got it about setup and action lowered. I think I'm gonna have to get the low tension module for the high E but I'll just go up to a 9 for now to make it work. Been rocking a Malmsteen 8-46 set with a NYXL 54 B string, in Drop Ab. Really dig it, I wouldn't go any lower with it though.

Really digging it so far! The evertune is sick, Fishmans sound great, killer harmonics. I think it might be a keeper.

1000003127.jpg

')