NGD

• Thread starter CrushingAnvil
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
So a few years ago I made an ambitious plan for my ultimate guitar and rig, and for awhile there it felt like this wasn't going to happen - what with how expensive everything was getting and being in New Zealand some things are hard to get (still don't have those cabs lol).

2022 and beyond rig.png

But I was sitting at my PC last night holding this guitar and I smiled because I've actually made some pretty good progress on this plan, and I had even forgotten that the exact guitar I held in my hands was the one I'd decided I'd wanted when I made the plan in the first place. The only thing I'm missing is three Bogner cabs, an extra power amp, and the FC-12 :lol:

ajxjvn7wdifd1(resize).jpg

After spending a little under a week breaking this thing in, I'm really pleased with it. This was and still is my dream guitar since I'm a huge fan of both Mark Knopfler and Steve Lukather and this is sort of the perfect combination of Mark's Pensa-Suhr and Steve's Valley Arts guitars from the 80's. It has the Knopfler mod too so position 2 sounds awesome.

In all honestly, my Caparison actually stacks up pretty nicely against this Suhr. The Caparison is probably still the most solid feeling guitar I have ever played, but they're both incredible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Only thing I forgot to mention:

The Suhr has SA's stock and I prefer them to SLV's. I have used the Lukather EMG singles (SLV's) in two different guitars and they're good pickups but they don't suit my playing since I use that stratty Neal Schon approach to playing neck singles. I have SLV's in my Caparison and they're great, but the SA's work in the Suhr perfectly.

Latest posts

')