NGDay- Ltd fm 408

Status
Not open for further replies.

Self Bias

Banned
Reaction score
NGD- Esp korea 8 string. Thru neck- 808s w/ 18v mod- hipshot- 450$ usd. Think I did alright.
Feel like a new father!
Not a baritone- 25.5", but I'm shooting for E standard with 76-62-ect.
I think it's basswood so what kind of 200 p/u should I get for the neck? I have a shitty pickhand technique so I can't solo on the bridge p/u.
I think EMGs sound sterile so I would like to swap to a passive for better tone, as I run a tube screamer into a 5150 with 3 times as much distortion as I need and have 3 noise gates in the FX loop to compensate, as well as 2 in front.
I'm having a 38" scale fan fretted 9 string being built for me even though I have yet to master simple blues licks. It's going to be constructed from the dryrotted flooring of a chicken coop. Wondering which BKP I should go with for that kind of wood. Any advice would be appreciated.
(actually did get the 8, and am very happy with it!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Self Bias

Banned
Reaction score
No, I don't have a pic. We all know what an 8 string guitar looks like.

Double A

Subhuman
Reaction score
Man...posting an NGD with no pics gives every guy (and gal) here guitar GAS blue balls.

It's like going to a strip club in Amsterdam. What's the point?

SYLrules88

I play drums!
Reaction score
pics please. your whole post sounds like lame trolling so you might want to offer proof that you really did get something?

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Man...posting an NGD with no pics gives every guy (and gal) here guitar GAS blue balls.

It's like going to a strip club in Amsterdam. What's the point?

:agreed:
This forum's very visually oriented. On that note... Pics or GTFO :lol:

But seriously... we need some pictures.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Why would you post this without pictures? I mean what is the point of your post?

I think the OP, being fairly new, doesn't understand how NxD threads are expected to be outright reveling in a new piece of gear, not discussions of how to change it, or side discussions of how one wants to make a guitar out of dry-rotted flooring from a chicken coop.

Incidentally, if you don't change the p'ups in your FM408, and want to go with an 8-string with different specs, I'd buy yours from you with a little profit to you, as long as it's in great shape. (Yes, another need for pics.... *laugh*) I've seen an FM408 come up recently which had been changed from stock, and there was no temptation there. Some folks like the stock configuration; I have two stock FM408s, and wouldn't mind having one more.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
25.5", but I'm shooting for E standard with 76-62-ect.
I think it's basswood so what kind of 200 p/u should I get for the neck? I have a shitty pickhand technique so I can't solo on the bridge p/u.
I think EMGs sound sterile so I would like to swap to a passive for better tone, as I run a tube screamer into a 5150 with 3 times as much distortion as I need and have 3 noise gates in the FX loop to compensate, as well as 2 in front.
I'm having a 38" scale fan fretted 9 string being built for me even though I have yet to master simple blues licks. It's going to be constructed from the dryrotted flooring of a chicken coop. Wondering which BKP I should go with for that kind of wood. Any advice would be appreciated.

I'm calling troll.

EDIT: Also calling a dig at people on the forum. Not too impressed with it.

Kamikaze7

Banned
Reaction score
Incidentally, if you don't change the p'ups in your FM408, and want to go with an 8-string with different specs, I'd buy yours from you with a little profit to you, as long as it's in great shape. (Yes, another need for pics.... *laugh*) I've seen an FM408 come up recently which had been changed from stock, and there was no temptation there. Some folks like the stock configuration; I have two stock FM408s, and wouldn't mind having one more.

Yes... Not to mention the OP HAS given me GAS blue balls for the guitar I'm looking to buy right now... Needless to say that there's guys like me who would kill to have that 8-string he's bragging about buying (or not buying for that matter...). And I agree, the FM8 on here with the Kahler didn't appeal to me either. That guitar was ruined IMO, but to each his own...

And Explorer, don't you think that having 2 is enough??? Your another one giving a guy like me serious GAS blue balls :lol::lol::lol:!!!

Self Bias

Banned
Reaction score
Holy shit people, lighten up.
I did get the 8 but have issues with camera.
I think the sarcasm regarding gear/pickups should have been pretty obvious.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Holy shit people, lighten up.
I did get the 8 but have issues with camera.
I think the sarcasm regarding gear/pickups should have been pretty obvious.

We take our NGDs seriously. :squint: You must post us some pics. Men have been hanged for lesser offenses.

For future reference, once you name a thread NGD, expect that none of us will read it, and will instead look immediately at the pictures. Once we calm down we'll go back and read your specs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')