NGDx2 +NPD+ test clip! (Lace,Ibanez,Fender content)

• Thread starter Bboren
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah. Every clip I've heard of both X-Bars and the Deathbars sound generally good, but a little on the dull/round side, and I don't know if that's everyone's patches not being tweaked to have more attack, or the pups are just really smooth.

That's what I was thinking, I feel like that listening to the new AAL too. I was thinking maybe it's because it's so hifi, you're losing some of what sounds like focus because of the lack of compression?

Either way, I love the cleans in the neck. I'm hoping to order a DC800 in the next few weeks or so and I'm thinking about a pickup change. I want to like these pickups, but I'm still not in love with the high gain tone, and I'm not sure if it's because I'd tweak my amp/patches differently or if it's just the nature of the pickup itself.

Maybe I'll do a D Activator in the bridge and an X-bar in the neck.

OP, how do they compare to the Aftermaths?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Compton

Reaction score
It looks like you might need to put some lemon oil / conditioner on that fretboard . I know that mine was like a desert when I got it and after I did that you could really tell!

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Any more clips?? Can't wait to get my DB and wanted to hear soe more.

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
nice! i just got a blacktop bari tele about a week ago! i have yet to put up a NGD. its the burnt copper color. i love it, but it needs a pup upgrade! sounds and feels great though

Acme

Reaction score
Are the tele's middle and neck pickups both classic tele-style neck pickups? I mean in size.

fusion1

Reaction score
Do the routes underneath the tele provide room for standard strat pickups? I'd like one of those baris with the option of installing a pair of Hot Rail neck pickups/Fast Track II pickups in neck/middle and a hot humbucker in the bridge like D'activator X, X2N or Bill Lawrence L500XL.

Latest posts

')