NGDx3: All-New Arsenal of Agile 7s

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I bought a nice 6-string earlier this year and I may or may not do an NGD on it. Reason being is because I got my first (and subsequently second and third) seven string and haven't played 6s very much since then.

Started off with a mid-level Agile Septor 727 in Tribal Red with a rosewood fretboard. I adjusted really easily to seven strings and knew it was the thing for me. So then I went for a more expensive one. The Agile Septor Pro 728 (28 5/8" scale) with an ebony fretboard. This guitar is perfect. The ebony is amazing (my first guitar with ebony). Then I saw another guitar a few weeks later with the layered finish similar to the Ibanez RGDIX7MPB. I opted for the brownburst instead of the blueburst though.

So far I've had no issues with any of the guitars but I will tell you that the Agile Legacy series isn't really up to the same quality specs of the Septors, imo. There's a chip out of the matching headstock that's hidden underneath the truss rod cover and it feels like there's dirt or something that got trapped in the finish near the pickups. Minor issues but the Septors don't have that problem. I might end up selling it if I ever fall out of love with the finish since that was the main reason I bought it. I bought a TOM guitar. Something I thought I'd never do again. I hate the TOM, but that finish though...

I have one extremely minor issue with the Septor Pro, I don't like the color of the screws used on the pickups. I don't understand why they didn't use black but I'll eventually switch them at some point. They just stick out oddly since the rest of the hardware is black. I bought the guitar with Bareknuckle Aftermaths equipped (at an extra cost of course) and I love the bridge but the neck feels very tight and low output so only time will tell if I keep it in there. I'll likely swap the entire set for BKP Juggernauts in a few months. Meanwhile, a set of DiMarzio Titans is probably going into the tribal red Septor. No pickup plans for the Legacy yet though (maybe Fishman's or EMG 57/66 if I keep it?). The stock pickups aren't that bad actually but there's room for improvement depending on your tastes.

The necks on all of these are really nice. I saw someone say they were between Schecter and Ibanez or ESP I think and I'd say that's about right. They all feel great and aren't too thick or too thin.

All that said, these were my first guitars from Rondomusic and my first Agile guitars. I'm extremely pleased with both Rondomusic and Agile. Onto the pics...

Red one was the first guitar, natural charcoal was the second, brownburst was the third.
ekzlagg9em791ql6g.jpg
4ptdss25r6pre2c6g.jpg

925df612d2y2ign6g.jpg
94ie3t3yeewq4va6g.jpg
sy8kf0o9mf2ny2a6g.jpg

a0vloms1t6ssg746g.jpg
xbc5i84rwke2stc6g.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
Very nice man!! I especially like the Septor Pro in natural charcoal. Is that ash? I have a similar Septor Elite 727 but in natural mahogany that I just put a Nazgül in the bridge of.

I am actually going with my roommate later to a pawn shop for him to pick up a Septor Pro 727 that has Aftermaths. He was conflicted about it since he's not much of a 7 string player but after playing my Septor the other day he was sold and wants one!! Plus it's $289, so you can't pass up that price!!

My Septor 727
IMG_2391.JPG IMG_2390.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts