NGDx3: Schecter C-7 Apocalypse, KM-MkII, and Agile Intrepid Pro!

KentonSummits

K-Mart Josh Travis
Reaction score
RAD! I have the same Agile, but it's blue instead of black! They're really solid guitars once the frets are tended to, and they have a little bit of setup work done! I've been wanting to try a KM-7 so badly, I've heard soooo many good things!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
I made a comment before about the red wire coils in Schecter USA Apocalypse-VII pickups in the Schecter not being visible at all nearly, well today I found out those pickups are available for sale here from Schecter on their website and they're offered with clear bobbins or black smoke. It appears my C-7 has the black smoke bobbins and that's why the coils aren't very visible.

While I'm here, all 3 guitars are still going strong. I've not had any issues with any of the 3 except for the C-7 needing some wiring fix because the bridge pickup volume knob is scratchy and can cause a disconnect sometimes.

The Agile Intrepid Pro Charcoal is still in need of a pickup change but I'm still pleasantly surprised with how much better sounding they are than EMGs I've tried in the past. The swap will probably take place after acquiring a set of Fishman pickups or a guitar equipped with them already.

I have really grown to like the KM-7 MKII in many ways. The neck just feels amazing for more technical stuff and I really appreciate the tasteful inlays especially when in the upper registers since side inlays always throw me off there. The Nazgul/Sentient set has become one of my "to stay" pickup sets in my collection of guitars. They have a large bottom end but it's manageable and still tight. The neck sounds great for lead work. That upper mid/treble snarl the bridge has that everyone talks about is definitely there but I dig it.

The C-7's pickups are still THE stuff though. My favorite pickup set I've ever played still. I was looking into details of other various pickups in preparation for swap plans on other guitars so I figured I'd check out how the Apocalypse-VIIs are designed. Alnico V with flanking Ceramic 8s. Definitely looking at other sets out there with the Alnico + Ceramic setup. I definitely still prefer the neck pickup of the C-7 but the Sentient from the KM7-MKII is a close 2nd.

0rimus

Reaction score
I put the Tosin set in my Intrepid 728. Better than most $2000 semi custom guitars my friends own and play.

I honestly might pick up another one and do literally the same mods again.

Need a stainless steel fret model and it'd be my unofficial signature guitar lol.

Glad to see someone else appreciates the comfiness too. Sometimes I lay my face on that big ass upper horn and take a nap while playing that beast.
rsz_20180501_080729.jpg

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Actually I'm doing a second glance at your photos because I always like to see how vastly a guitar top can differ. Mainly I've been looking at how dramatic the km ii tops have been with their flame (some times non existent) but I notice the grain pattern on your apocalypse seems odd like one side seems to have a totally different grain than the other. Unless that's part of the 'apocalypse' look.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Actually I'm doing a second glance at your photos because I always like to see how vastly a guitar top can differ. Mainly I've been looking at how dramatic the km ii tops have been with their flame (some times non existent) but I notice the grain pattern on your apocalypse seems odd like one side seems to have a totally different grain than the other. Unless that's part of the 'apocalypse' look.

It is different. I've noticed it on other several others too though. Maybe that's why it was labeled as a blemished item idk

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
That 728 is next for me. I actually like Blackouts, but I'd probably switch the bridge one out for an EMTY for more of an 81 flavor. I play in A standard and drop G so this Ibby can kick rocks back to drop A land when I get it lol.

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Yeah, my Agile Intrepid Pro 728 and Septor Pro 728 are pretty much my favorite guitars. They're a bit heavy and don't have stainless steel frets but that's my only gripes.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
All outstanding. I'm really liking the looks of the Agile. That as a multiscale could easily be my next guitar...

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Wow, okay, so I have a really interesting update on my Schecter KM-MKII. If you look at the pictures in my original post (I pasted it below for you), you'll notice a black mark that crosses the contour line on the left side of the body. It's even with the mid point between the two pickups but out to the left on that contour line. Anyway, I bought the guitar at a great discount because of it being a blemished item (about $250 or more off IIRC). Well today I was examining it and noticed that it's gone! haha So either the guitar was blemished in some other way OR I basically got a perfect guitar for the price of a blemished one and the only thing con was that I had to wait for that blemish to come off. :lol:

I guess this is a recommendation to grab blemished items when you can. You never know if it's just temporary. haha
Buy B-stock! :D

From the month I purchased it:
43y4m4zccm6g8pn6g.jpg

Update from today:
h99sx96tdbyg0i86g.jpg

')