NHL 2010-2011 Thread

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
Saw that. I just wish Jagr would play the game because he enjoys it and is good at it, rather than focusing so heavily on money. 'Tis a shame.

Interesting to see where some of the FA's are going to go today. I'm interested to see if Teemu goes anywhere, since he was extremely unhappy with his club during their playoff run. Will be interesting to see if Ward from the Predators will get any attention from other teams. He certainly had an impact on the team's performance against Vancouver.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaaand Jagr is a Flyer for $3.3 million... fortunately Pens fans are already used to booing him since he was such a douche when he left the first time :lol:

Curious to see what else happens in free agency now

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
woohoo Pens sign another small winger with an injury history... this has worked out so well in the past...

Penguins Agree to Terms with Forward Steve Sullivan - Pittsburgh Penguins - News

To extend my comments, I can only assume Shero has brain damage... in his interview, "It's come out that it was a matter of money, but Jagr never came back and asked for more money. That was never a negotiation." He told the press our offer is our offer and is not open to negotiation. Gee I wonder why when you said you're not willing to negotiate the terms he didn't come back to you to negotiate the terms :wallbash:

Also I love signing somebody who hasn't managed to play more than 44 games in the past three seasons and saying you're not concerned with their injury history :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
been waiting all day to see where Richards will go.. doesnt look like the choice will be tonight. lame =/

Toronto or NYR or Philly?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
been waiting all day to see where Richards will go.. doesnt look like the choice will be tonight. lame =/

Toronto or NYR or Philly?

Yeah I'm curious to see where he'll end up but didn't really expect that to close the first day, way too many teams want him. I'm also REALLY curious to see where Stamkos ends up... I still can't believe Tampa didn't lock him up before free agency started. Granted he's a restricted free agent, but I'm wondering if Tampa is going to manage to keep him.

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
If Tampa can put out the 8 million he's going to be asking (at least) I'm fairly sure he'll stick with them, even if it means a couple hundred thousand a year less. It seems he really likes the place and the guys on the team.

I'd hate to see him end up playing for Toronto or something..

That said, Florida is looking like they might actually make the playoffs next year.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If Tampa can put out the 8 million he's going to be asking (at least) I'm fairly sure he'll stick with them, even if it means a couple hundred thousand a year less. It seems he really likes the place and the guys on the team.

I'd hate to see him end up playing for Toronto or something..

That said, Florida is looking like they might actually make the playoffs next year.

If he wanted to sign there for less money he would have probably done so before the start of free agency. Tampa did make him an offer and he turned it down IIRC

Where did this come from? :lol: I never heard that he or they were considering each other.

That's typical Jagr, everything has to be a circus. Ah well, I'll be really curious to see what Philly looks like on the ice once they're done revamping as they're going to be a massively different team this season.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow gotta' love it, Washington got Vokoun for $1.5 million. Seems while Philly, NY, and Washington have all made considerable moves to improve their teams, the Pens have lost grit and stayed the same for the most part :(

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I think of Carolina picking up Kaberle. He can play better than he did with Boston, but I'm not sure how well he'll fit with them. Carolina needs all the defensive help they can get, honestly, so I won't argue too much.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I haven't been able to keep up with much as far as free agency is concerned because I've been without internet and cable since the 1st because I moved and haven't had time to get that stuff taken care of, but I've got to say, the Canadiens made the move they needed to make. Erik Cole is exactly what they needed to fill a hole in the top 6, and I couldn't be happier with the acquisition. Hopefully we see Carolina Cole and not Edmonton Cole.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I think of Carolina picking up Kaberle. He can play better than he did with Boston, but I'm not sure how well he'll fit with them. Carolina needs all the defensive help they can get, honestly, so I won't argue too much.

Thanks for taking him, he didn't really do shit for us :yesway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for taking him, he didn't really do shit for us :yesway:

Really? You consider 47 points and a +4 in the regular season and 11 points and a +8 in the playoffs on a cup run not doing anything? Most teams would kill to have defensemen doing that kind of nothing :lol: