NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Ok how screwed up is it that not only are 4 out of 5 teams in the Atlantic in the playoffs, but they have the top 4 point totals in the eastern conference :nuts:

So if not for the divisions leaders getting spots 1-3 they'd be the top 4 seeds in the east

The Atlantic is really impressive this year. I really hope the Pens can catch the rangers because I don't want to play Philly or NJ in the first round :lol:.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damnit ALL of the playoff games are going to be NBC, which means no huge screen outside the arena for non-home games this year :noway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh yeah it was a great game, just blew my mind that with 2 guys on Brier NEITHER OF THEM STEPPED UP ON HIM :facepalm:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Anyone watch the Panthers v Flyers game tonight? What a game was, I'm surprised Philly didn't get a score with all the crowding of the box they did. Now Florida has five wins in a row and should make it six tomorrow against Carolina.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone know in NBC is also going to stream it online so anyone can watch it? It sucks balls being a B's fan out here in San Fran, especially without cable :lol: And theres no way in HELL I'm paying for NHL's GameCenter BS

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:facepalm: :facepalm:

You know, it would be nice if Thiessen would stop a single freaking one on one shot :wallbash:

Also it's amazing how different the D looks without Niskanen...

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
:facepalm: :facepalm:

You know, it would be nice if Thiessen would stop a single freaking one on one shot :wallbash:

Also it's amazing how different the D looks without Niskanen...

4 goals should be enough to win a hockey game. I think they should have played Fleury last night Thiessen tonight. :2c:

Hopefully they can get the win tonight.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah we'll see what happens... I'll be at the game tonight so hopefully they show up

I'm also not too upset as I have mixed feelings about going into the playoffs first in the conference :lol:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Yeah we'll see what happens... I'll be at the game tonight so hopefully they show up

I'm also not too upset as I have mixed feelings about going into the playoffs first in the conference :lol:

I believe we have the same worries, I'd hate if the Panthers, since it appears they probably will go to the playoffs, go up against some team that could destroy them, like most Atlantic teams. Doing at least semi-well at least early on in the playoffs not only would be fantastic for the fans but also may get hockey at least semi-popular down here, what with the Dolphins royally sucking. There was a bit of interest in the Panthers in the late 90s early 2000s but for the longest time there's been so much losing the more fickle down here have forgotten about them and many legitimate fans were driven away by piss poor management(I still think it was a moronic idea to trade Luongo in '06).

Oh, I just rambled a bit, didn't I?

troyguitar

Reaction score
Does anyone know in NBC is also going to stream it online so anyone can watch it? It sucks balls being a B's fan out here in San Fran, especially without cable :lol: And theres no way in HELL I'm paying for NHL's GameCenter BS

You won't get any playoff games if you are on the GameCenter subscription. If games are being televised nationally (or even just in your region) then they don't let you watch them online. It fucking sucks. Whoever came up with those blackout rules really deserves to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly for the duration of every single blacked out game.

I don't even have a TV but was thinking about subscribing to the online thing to watch the rest of the season + playoffs until I saw that blackout shit.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat - no cable but internet, but I don't want to deal with the outrageous subscription fees just for the rest of the season + playoffs. I don't understand why they wouldn't let you watch games online the same time they're on TV? If anything it should bring you MORE money since you're targeting another audience.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
You won't get any playoff games if you are on the GameCenter subscription. If games are being televised nationally (or even just in your region) then they don't let you watch them online. It fucking sucks. Whoever came up with those blackout rules really deserves to be kicked in the nuts repeatedly for the duration of every single blacked out game.

I don't even have a TV but was thinking about subscribing to the online thing to watch the rest of the season + playoffs until I saw that blackout shit.

They also won't broadcast it anywhere, TV or internet, if they determine a more important game is being televised, even if it isn't national. That happened last Wednesday with the Panthers/Hurricanes game, no one was able to see it anywhere.

----------------

God damn do the Panthers suck at shootouts. Two shootout losses in a row, now the Capitols are only three points away from us.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Don't worry, I think the B's are just as bad as shootouts which is why I pray we never end up in one :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have NO idea how the Pens won that game last night... it was completely surreal. They were pretty much outplayed for 90% of the game and STILL won 5-2 :scratch: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')