NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Oh yeah, this game has been brutal, and because of the Penguins focusing so much on hits and such, it's ridiculous, the game is now 4-7 for the Flyers.

And since I started typing this another group of fights started. :lol:

-------ADDITION--------

Hopefully the Panthers v Devils game tonight will be at least half as good, I have club level tickets and haven't been able to focus all day. :lol:

EDIT- 6:01 EST

Dammit, they just made the penalty decisions and another fight broke out. This isn't hockey, this is a slugfest. Now fighting is all well and good, but this has just gotten way too ridiculous. Are Flyers and/or Penguins games usually like this?

Last edited:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing I feel good about is know the Flyers don't match up this well with any other team in the East so they're likely to get knocked out in the second round :fawk:

On the bright side for Rangers fans their odds of getting to the finals go up drastically if the Pens get knocked out :lol:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Oh yeah, this game has been brutal, and because of the Penguins focusing so much on hits and such, it's ridiculous, the game is now 4-7 for the Flyers.

And since I started typing this another group of fights started. :lol:

-------ADDITION--------

Hopefully the Panthers v Devils game tonight will be at least half as good, I have club level tickets and haven't been able to focus all day. :lol:

EDIT- 6:01 EST

Dammit, they just made the penalty decisions and another fight broke out. This isn't hockey, this is a slugfest. Now fighting is all well and good, but this has just gotten way too ridiculous. Are Flyers and/or Penguins games usually like this?

My kind of hockey

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Anybody else think this is some of the coolest playoffs I've seen in a while? Atleast so far... though probably not if you're a pens fan :lol: ouch (I'm rooting for them btw)

All were missing now is a western quadruple or quintiple overtime epic!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anybody else think this is some of the coolest playoffs I've seen in a while? Atleast so far... though probably not if you're a pens fan :lol: ouch (I'm rooting for them btw)

All were missing now is a western quadruple or quintiple overtime epic!

I've already been at a quadruple overtime game, once was enough :lol:

zappatton2

Reaction score
Hey Dragonblade, congrats on the Panthers win last night, I've been pulling for them, particularly against the Devils, whom I've never liked. This year, I'm pulling for any team that has yet to win the cup, I've got soft spots for Florida, Nashville and LA. Mind you, I will join my wife in rooting for Ottawa against the Rangers, especially after that last game. Ah, the luxury of a Leafs fan, I get to be creative in who I root for when my team has taken a vow of playoff abstinence.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
That game really was fantastic, I was sitting behind and to the right of the visitor goal, I could tell Brodeur was getting frustrated. :fawk: the Devils also seemed to be slipping a lot, maybe it had to do with it being a hot, humid day.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I'd long since accepted that Vancouver wasn't going to win the cup this year with the way they'd been playing over the past couple months, but this is downright embarassing.

troyguitar

Reaction score
I'm assuming that the Red Wings will be defeated in 5 or 6 games and we'll hear that Lidstrom is retiring shortly thereafter. I doubt it will happen but I'd like to see Vancouver win the cup.

Djent

Obviously!
Reaction score
After yesterday, I have lost all respect for the Pens. Especially Crosby and Asham (for that EXTREMELY dirty hit on Schenn).

The Broad Street Bullies are back. Bitch.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ I find that funny given that Asham hit would have been perfectly in character for the Broad Street Bullies :rofl:

That said I'm actually hoping Neal and Asham are both suspended. And I AM a Pens fan. The lack of discipline by both teams in the last two games has been nothing short of pathetic.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Want to know what's weird? At the game yesterday I kept hearing people wish the game would be more like the Pens/Flyers game earlier. They want to see gratuitous amounts of unnecessary violence, and this was coming from both Panthers and Devils fans(there's a significant number of people who've moved here from Jersey). Seeing one or two fights is awesome, but when the players are just being bad sports and starting things just for starting them it's sad.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Want to know what's weird? At the game yesterday I kept hearing people wish the game would be more like the Pens/Flyers game earlier. They want to see gratuitous amounts of unnecessary violence, and this was coming from both Panthers and Devils fans(there's a significant number of people who've moved here from Jersey). Seeing one or two fights is awesome, but when the players are just being bad sports and starting things just for starting them it's sad.

Meanwhile as a Pens fan I've been disgusted by the lack of discipline of both teams, especially in that last game.

Blake1970

Reaction score
I need to start watching playoff hockey. This is way more exciting than football, baseball and basketball.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Meanwhile as a Pens fan I've been disgusted by the lack of discipline of both teams, especially in that last game.

It goes against many stereotypes, but Florida and New Jersey are the two most sportsmanlike teams right now, with no major penalties. They'd be an example if everyone wasn't distracted by the fighting and other BS in the other games. But then we wouldn't need an example so bad so...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok what the fuck Cooke just got 10 minute misconduct for getting crosschecked repeatedly. He literally didn't respond at all :scratch:

With that said score is 10-3, I'd say the PEns finally showed up for a game :woot:

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
Finally, both Vancouver and Pittsburgh show up for a game. Maybe 4 on the bounce is too much to ask but here's hoping.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Ok what the fuck Cooke just got 10 minute misconduct for getting crosschecked repeatedly. He literally didn't respond at all :scratch:

With that said score is 10-3, I'd say the PEns finally showed up for a game :woot:

If the Pens weren't already kicking the living shit out of Philly I would of been pissed when I saw that. Of all people, Matt Cooke, keeping it cool while obviously being goated into a scrap an then gets ejected and that wasn't the only questionable call that night. I get the whole zero discipline thing after the previous game but I don't get how pulling penalties out of your ass solves anything.

Also, just in case anyone missed it...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could someone explain to me HOW THE HELL Rinaldo isn't suspended?

Seriously, not one but two intentional head shots :nuts:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')