NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Luongo is fantastic. He's kind of the reason why most Panthers fans hate Keenan, as he decided to trade Luongo to the Canucks right before resigning and when, according to Roberto, him and the team were about to make a deal.

Because his wife lives somewhere in Florida, I know he had a home in Ft. Lauderdale at some point while he was with the Canucks, he's probably going to try and sign to Florida or Tampa if he isn't traded, both of which I'm fine with. On Florida he'd be back on familiar ice, though the only player still on the team from when he was around is Weiss. I doubt we're going to part with Theodore, but Dineen could always do something weird so you never know.

What's more likely is him going to Tampa and he'd be put to fantastic use since all they need is some good D, especially in goal tending, to become a serious contender for the cup. If they could get Luongo behind the net and keep Stamkos, St. Louis, and Purcell they'd be pretty unstoppable. I also have a feeling that he'd be more comfortable in a smaller, quiter market like Tampa compared to Vancouver.

Also, since so many people are saying he's going to go to the Leafs, that's not going to happen. Luongo said he would waive the no trade clause, not that he was going to be a moron. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Remember when overtime used to be special?

EDIT: Oh wow... I'm getting murdered in my pick 'em pool for these playoffs.

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
^ I'm the same. I thought I took a few smart risks and played it safe with the rest, but I'm being thoroughly raped by this post-season.

I even put down the Caps beating the Bruins in 7 games before I decided to change it. :noplease:

In terms of fighting, I'm kind of undecided about it. I can see why you would need enforcers on your team and why you need to protect your star players and goalie, but it seems so out of whack with all other sports on the issue of violent confrontation between players. I'll probably have to watch a few more seasons before I really make my mind up about it.

It's always interesting to hear the opinions of those who are new to the sport. I live in Canada, so I pretty much grew up watching the sport, and to me, fighting's as much of the sport as shooting the puck. It's taken a turn, in my opinion, for the worse as of late, but fighting still has its place. The most recent example of why I enjoy fighting was in the last game of the NYR/OTT series. Brandon Prust single-handedly sparked his team to victory by accepting a fight where he was outmatched and simply giving his all in it. He inspired his team to try that much harder, and they didn't want to lose and fail to honor the effort he put in to give them life. That's my favorite use of fighting. A single player stepping up to do what he can to get his team into the game. Unfortunately, it's often misused and generally appears barbaric to those outside the game, but in my opinion, it's still an integral part of the sport.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
C-A-P-S - CAPS, CAPS, CAPS!! :metal:

And now - as must happen whenever any DC team makes it this far - we will have to get crushed in the next round. :lol:

*edit* holy shit @ Jeff's link ^... :ugh:

Demiurge

Reaction score

Shameful. Wish I could say this is isolated, but no. My wife is a Hans fan and invariably she gets engaged in some fun, light trash talk with the fans of the local team. Last week, she posted on Facebook about how B's fans rag on PK Suban for being a diver while Marchand has been doing the same recently. Some fucking chowderhead gave her a rant that would make David Duke blush. It's not everyone, but it's here.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
pev.gif

Bitch please. :lol:

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
I'll grab any opportunity to look down on the Bruins, but a lot of these tweets are people trying ot make it look worse than it really is for them (i.e: lots of Flyers fans, anonymous African Americans etcetc...). Just because some minority are judgemental and backwards shouldn't paint the picture for the City of Boston and it's sports fans. It happens to us Habs fans all the time; one idiot or 3 say stupid shit and make the rest of us look bad.

Deplorable situation nonetheless.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I'll grab any opportunity to look down on the Bruins, but a lot of these tweets are people trying ot make it look worse than it really is for them (i.e: lots of Flyers fans, anonymous African Americans etcetc...). Just because some minority are judgemental and backwards shouldn't paint the picture for the City of Boston and it's sports fans. It happens to us Habs fans all the time; one idiot or 3 say stupid shit and make the rest of us look bad.

Deplorable situation nonetheless.

Thats true. It could be said to any group of people, most of the time, it only takes 1-2 people to make a 1000 people group look bad

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Just look at the student strikes all over QC for proof of this notion :lol:

Thats actually what I had in mind, but I didn't wanted to derail this thread with that :lol:

Edit:

A side note, to stay on topic, about the Bruins fans racial comments. They should totally go to this page: Willie O'Ree - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

First black hockey player ever. Played for the Bruins.

They can all die for what I care, I'm a racist racist.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
If you aren't watching the Panthers v Devils game, turn it on NOW. 2-2, with the Panthers scoring their two in the third, we're going into overtime and it will be fantastic.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I've thought up a new nickname for Cory Schneider based on how most Canucks fans on the official forum and HFBoards seem to view him:

Ginger Jesus

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
I've thought up a new nickname for Cory Schneider based on how most Canucks fans on the official forum and HFBoards seem to view him:

Ginger Jesus

From what I've seen and read of Canucks 'fans', if they got what they wanted they would have a team entirely comprised of Schneider in net and Cody Hodgson out on the ice :lol:

zappatton2

Reaction score
Wow, the two teams I was really pulling for last night lost in heartbreaking fashion :(

Tried to calm my disappointment by turning to baseball, only to have my beloved Jays swept, SWEPT, by Baltimore of all teams. Man, what a crappy Thursday.

Well, I'm a Nashville fan now. Let's see how far they get :/

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Lets have some fun with this:

Philly in 5
Rangers in 6
Nashville in 7
L.A in 6

wishful thinking on some of them most likely but it don't matter :lol: Nashville and Phoenix is a toss up IMO

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Though we lost, I am damn proud of our Florida Panthers. We got into double overtime in Game 7 against one of the strongest goaltenders in the game. We even got a shut out. I think that's pretty damn good for a team that hasn't entered the Playoffs in twelve years, with that last time being swept by the Devils. Next year is looking good for hockey in Florida, with the Panthers likely to have Theodore and Markstrom in the crease they'll just have to improve their fourth line and Tampa will kill if they can get at least an okay goalie because of their strong offense, which looks likely if Luongo ends up going to Tampa, which is very likely. Actually, seeing as how Clemmenson will probably be replaced with Markstrom, I could see a Luongo/Clemmenson net for Tampa. Maybe we could trade him for some forwards to strengthen our back end.

For now, though, I just want Jersey to take the cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')