NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I'm glad the Kings won. and this year, unlike last, I feel sympathetic towards the losing team (sorry Vancouver guys, but I've been bred to HATE the Canucks.) The Devils did really well, but their game fell apart during game 6. Good to see Quick get the Conn Smythe as well, though we all knew that was gonna happen. I got a good laugh when the camera dude ran into Nolan when he was doing his run. lol.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Psyy

The Care Cup's Empty
Reaction score
Congrats to the Kings on one of the greatest SC runs in history. As someone who was cheering for the Kings, however, the win was a bit bitter. The officiating in the game was absolutely horrid. The League should be ashamed of how the officials handled the most important game of the year.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
2012 Stanley Cup Champs! I still cant believe the Kings pulled it off. It just seems unreal. :eek:

I love the guy they showed during the game holding a baby and a sign. The sign read, "Daddy had to wait 44 years for the Kings to win a Stanley cup. I'm 1 for 1."

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Even as a Canucks fan, I've gotta hand it to the Kings, they had what it took this year. They lit their fire just at the right time, and they plowed through the top 3 seeds in the west. There's no way I can stay mad at them after they showed that kind of heart and determination.

They earned it.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I was all for the Kings this year. Plus with my goalie fetish I'll most likely end up getting a Quick jersey.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually, its the 3rd year in a row lol (Hall 2 years ago, RNH last year). I expect this team to be really strong in a year or two.

You would certainly freaking hope so :lol:

Then again the Pens have two #1 and two #2 draft picks on the team currently, all drafted in a 4 year period, so I shouldn't mock since I was a fan during those years :yesway:

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Actually, its the 3rd year in a row lol (Hall 2 years ago, RNH last year). I expect this team to be really strong in a year or two.

That's part of why the Panthers finally aren't terrible and have so many promising prospects, the same should hold true.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Rob Zombie makes a movie about the Flyers and the B's draft a Subban?

Apocalypse 2012 here we come.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
It was really refreshing having to wait so long to see the Panthers pick. Kind of surprised Talon went with a defensemen, though. It'd probably be best, in my opinion, to make sure we'll have offensive depth in the future(only place we're lacking). But it's Talon, so I can't help but think he knows what he's doing.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah... maybe they really wanted to get the two brothers together? :lol:

I really hope they know what they're doing.

What really cracks me up is the Pens selected 2 more defensemen with their first round picks and one of the trades was for a defenseman prospect... and they already have 3 guys that are good and almost NHL ready and more in the system. The Pens need more defensive prospects like they need another concussion for Sid... I just don't get it.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
What really cracks me up is the Pens selected 2 more defensemen with their first round picks and one of the trades was for a defenseman prospect... and they already have 3 guys that are good and almost NHL ready and more in the system. The Pens need more defensive prospects like they need another concussion for Sid... I just don't get it.

It really hurt finding out Staal was leaving, he's one of my favorite players. The only thing I can think of is that they are trying free up space for a big addition in free agency like Suter. I dunno, still doesn't make a lot of sense to me adding all of these defensive prospects when we have prospects like Morrow and Depres (and many others).

Guess we'll just have to see how the Summer plays out.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It really hurt finding out Staal was leaving, he's one of my favorite players. The only thing I can think of is that they are trying free up space for a big addition in free agency like Suter. I dunno, still doesn't make a lot of sense to me adding all of these defensive prospects when we have prospects like Morrow and Depres (and many others).

Guess we'll just have to see how the Summer plays out.

There was a rumor earlier in the day that Staal had turned down a 10 year deal and it really seems like management was just pissed so they took what they could get to move him quickly. I really didn't like the Mickalek deal either, as it really seemed like they only made it to free up cap space while keeping Martin who was MUCH worse on the ice last year.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
The problem with moving Martin is his no trade clause. There is a limited market for Martin and it would have to be a team he wants to go to.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
I dunno, still doesn't make a lot of sense to me adding all of these defensive prospects when we have prospects like Morrow and Depres (and many others).

From what I saw the draft was fairly defense heavy, even the teams that don't need as many defenseman like the Penguins and Panthers were picking defensively.

I feel the real winner this week was Carolina, I'm almost certain they got the good end of the bargain, getting Staal. The Southeast is definitely going to have a strong competition, what with Staal and the Caps trading for Ribeiro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')