NHL 2011-2012 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
The Bruins lost to fucking Detroit?! DETROIT?!

God damn it.

Me and my dad are HUGE Bruins fans, and it was his birthday yesterday. Yea we are bummed but god damn it was a good, close game. I noticed that Rask needs to close his legs more. Both of the standard time goals were right between his legs, where Thomas wouldn't have even broken a sweat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I also didn't realize the game ended in a shootout, which to me is the main reason we lost. For some reason we can never win a shootout, and I've seen it happen in person too; my guess is that it's because of the pressure, and this comes from a former hockey player.

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Well, that was a bullshit finish in OT...

We shouldn't have blown that 3 - 1 lead anyway, but that's just a very sour end to an otherwise fun game.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, that was a bullshit finish in OT...

We shouldn't have blown that 3 - 1 lead anyway, but that's just a very sour end to an otherwise fun game.

Normally I would agree that was a piss-poor finish and a MASSIVE referee screwup... except it followed on that blind-side hit to the head that broke Letang's nose without a call much less what should have been a 5 minute major and a game misconduct. After that I just gave up on that ref doing ANYTHING right :lol:

Even the local broadcasters were saying they had no idea why the ref hadn't blown the whistle, and I agree with them :shrug:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I thought the hit was clean. Letang saw him before hand, but elected to put his head down and shoot. Pacioretty was not charging, nor did he leave his feet. It's just how it went down. It was extremely similar to the Malone-on-Campoli hit in the pre-season, in that he tried making the play instead of protecting himself. As such, there shouldnt be a suspension.

But yeah, garbage goal at the end.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
The Jets could have tied up the game last night against the Bruins but made a dumb mistake by pulling their goalie. They were all over Thomas and if they would have kept it up they might have got one more in, but as soon as they pulled, Marchand sealed the Bruins victory with an empty netter. GO BRUINS!!

also, anyone here from Seattle or Vancouver? my family will be moving up there in around a year and we are going to go to Vancouver whenever the Bruins are in town to watch them curb stomp the Canucks again

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought the hit was clean. Letang saw him before hand, but elected to put his head down and shoot. Pacioretty was not charging, nor did he leave his feet. It's just how it went down. It was extremely similar to the Malone-on-Campoli hit in the pre-season, in that he tried making the play instead of protecting himself. As such, there shouldnt be a suspension.

But yeah, garbage goal at the end.

Having watched the replay repeatedly (since they kept showing it over and over) I don't think Letang had any idea Paccioretty was coming. Letang didn't change position immediately prior to the hit (there was a good 3 or 4 count between his shot finishing and the hit happening) and Paccioretty didn't make any effort to NOT elbow him in the head, the only point of contact. I'll be interested to see what the ruling ends up being in the review, as it is definitely a judgement call that could go either way.

I think we can both agree that the ref at that end was freaking horrible though :lol: Guy missed a lot of shit and called a few things both ways when there was nothing there...

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Apparently Patches felt like complete shit and went straight to the Pens bench to apologize to Letang and ask how he was doing when he saw he was back at the beginning of OT. Doesn't change much but it does say something about him as a player/person.

I don't think it should be a suspendable hit, but given today's NHL I wouldn't complain or be surprised if he got 2 games.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Hunter is the new headcoach of the Caps, and Muller is the new headcoach of the Canes. Been a dark day for the headcoaches lol. I remember when Boud cames with the Caps, he was told to be the coach fitting Ovy's playing, time changes it seems.

As for the Patch suspension (3 games), I believe that its really a hard decision considering that he didn't got suspended before and that it wasn't clear that he wanted to hit him hard, Letang did change his position (every players does when the shoot), I believe that he didn't thought that Letang would shoot and aimed him so he couldn't make a pass. Like it has been said, its very similar to the Malone/Campolli incident in the beginning of the season, so I ain't disapointed by the decision, but it seems bad when it comes to compare it with similar incident.

Long story short, I've saw several hit this season that looked way uglier than this one, so I don't understand all the logic behind this suspension.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Crap Letang and Michalek are both out tonight against the Rangers :wallbash:

EDIT: and Pens lose, mainly due to WAY too many penalties in the third... you can't take four penalties in a period when you're trying to come back from a deficit :(

On the flip side the penalty kill was unreal given three of those stacked up and the Pens killed them including a long 3 on 5 without giving up a shot :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, given the amazing work on the PK would have been nice if the Pens had been able to tie it up though... Was a bit irked by the disallowed goal given that going by the rulebook it was valid since the Rangers put it in, but oh well :lol:

The Pens just REALLY need to tighten up their D and goaltending... they're consistently giving up 3+ goals a game which is no way to win hockey games in the long run :2c:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Letang and Mickalek are both out suffering headaches for tomorrow night's game. Mickalek has passed the concussion screen but is being reevaluated and Letang also has a virus so can't take the screen until the virus clears up. Basically 2 of the Pens top 4 are out again against Washington tomorrow night :noplease:

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
Damn, I wish Habs management had the balls to make a brash decision like that. Jacques Martin's time here should be up by now. But of course, it isn't and won't be for a while. They should have hired Guy Boucher instead... He was doing a great job in Hamilton. Instead, they let him out of the Canadiens pipeline, and he contends for coach of the year honours with Tampa :rolleyes:

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Damn, I wish Habs management had the balls to make a brash decision like that. Jacques Martin's time here should be up by now. But of course, it isn't and won't be for a while. They should have hired Guy Boucher instead... He was doing a great job in Hamilton. Instead, they let him out of the Canadiens pipeline, and he contends for coach of the year honours with Tampa :rolleyes:

Yeah, I'm pretty much disapointed in Martin since he came with the Habs... He got an handful of talented players, none of them seems to fit in his gameplan. And what about the powerplay? Damn... That loss agains't the Ducks was painful, I'm glad that I couldn't watch it (got to wake at 5am...). They need to do something BIG. Fire the coach, a major trade, whatever. The Habs are 12th in the eastern conference, maybe they'll not make the playoff, fire Martin and get a good draft this year... Because right now, it look pretty much like the beginning of the season, I don't believe that Markov will be enough to bring that team back on track (but it will not hurt IMO)

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
As much as I hate martin, the Habs have done 4 playoff rounds in the last 2 years alone, which isn't bad for a supposedly "small, undersized" team (not to say that we aren't, but still...). I'm on the fence about firing Jacques "dracula" Martin.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
This is why I was so happy the Habs finally signed Emelin. He clocked that dude :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')