NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Up until yesterday, it was 3-way tie between Boston/Toronto/Pittsburgh, and it could've been anyone's spot really. I'm shocked we took down San Jose in general - let alone regulation - but Pens AND Toronto losing their claim to it on the same night? Didn't see that coming at all.

I know we have a game up on the Pens, and 2 up on Toronto. As long as we can win both (Which are Devils and Pens) We will be good to go.

EDIT: Also, rumour from the Bruins front office is going around that Loui Eriksson's concussion is severe and he won't be playing for the foreseeable future. I hope Chara breaks his fvcking neck if Scott is ever allowed back in the league.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
well that game was a fvcking disappointment. 'best penalty kill in the league' giving up FOUR PP goals against one of the worst PP teams in the league. and losing a 3-1 lead, going down 4-3. i am absolutely disgusted.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Wow what the hell... Pens lose their THIRD game in a row, and lose Scuderi on top of it :noplease:

Looks like its upsets all around tonight.

Can't say I'm surprised the Bs lost it, I hate it - HATE IT - any time we get more than a point lead by the end of the first; because then we get lazy and lose the lead and have to fight for a win.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Looks like its upsets all around tonight.

Can't say I'm surprised the Bs lost it, I hate it - HATE IT - any time we get more than a point lead by the end of the first; because then we get lazy and lose the lead and have to fight for a win.

I'm more pissed at the Krug and Bergeron Penalties. Both stupid penalties, especially Krug. Yes, it's his rookie year, but goddamnit, you know better. Only plus sides tonight are Krug scored ANOTHER PP goal, and Iginla and Lucic both scored AGAIN.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Had to stop watching the Leafs and Pens after the first period and Pittsburgh ended up losing. I always miss the good news :fawk: Outside of a game against Philadelphia, I haven't seen them lose in the regular season in 3 years.

I'm hoping that there's some serious punishment on John Scott. No matter what Don Cherry says, he didn't HAVE to go out there and do something like that - it's a poor justification. Big, open ice hits are exciting, but that was an ugly hit that didn't have to happen, and it caused some potentially serious damage to a productive player. Guess we'll find out on Halloween.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Had to stop watching the Leafs and Pens after the first period and Pittsburgh ended up losing. I always miss the good news :fawk: Outside of a game against Philadelphia, I haven't seen them lose in the regular season in 3 years.

I'm hoping that there's some serious punishment on John Scott. No matter what Don Cherry says, he didn't HAVE to go out there and do something like that - it's a poor justification. Big, open ice hits are exciting, but that was an ugly hit that didn't have to happen, and it caused some potentially serious damage to a productive player. Guess we'll find out on Halloween.

Don Cherry defended him? Lately, I think Don Cherry is talking out of his ass, and has no idea what the hell he's saying.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Yeah, he did. From NHL.com:

TORONTO - Don Cherry came to the defence of Buffalo Sabres enforcer John Scott on Saturday.

Scott was suspended indefinitely by the NHL on Thursday pending a disciplinary hearing one day after his blindside hit to the head of Boston Bruins forward Loui Eriksson.

Cherry, speaking on the Coach's Corner segment of "Hockey Night in Canada," said Scott was under pressure to make a hit due to his limited ice time.

"Now here's a story. He sits there for 55 minutes. He's put on the ice. He's got to do something. He's got to do something or he's going to be gone. ... It's so unfair," said Cherry, who added he was once in the same position as a player who had to fight or not play at all.

Scott, who was issued a match penalty for charging, and was ejected after the hit on Eriksson in the neutral zone, played just five minutes 15 seconds in the 5-2 loss to Boston.

Cherry pointed to the 31-year-old's average time of ice with Minnesota in 2008-09, which was 9:14 in 20 games under coach Jacques Lemaire. The next season, Scott averaged 8:36 in 51 games.

The hockey commentator then turned the blame on Sabres coach Ron Rolston.

"He's got to play John Scott. Lemaire did it, Hall of Fame guy did it, and that's the way it should be," said Cherry.

Eriksson meanwhile is out indefinitely with a concussion.

It's amusing to me, as Don Cherry is usually such a Bruins supporter. But still crap.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
You know what Scott could do to earn more time on the ice? QUIT BEING A SHITTY PLAYER!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In case you haven't realized it by now, Don Cherry is a f*cking moron :lol: I don't care how much ice time you get, taking a blind side headshot on someone is not acceptable.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Nobody should take anything Cherry says seriously.

I mean c'mon, look at the guy.

81075629_crop_650x440.jpg

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So uh, is Fleury just keeping the Pens alive during this game against Carolina or what? I know they're up 2-1 but I haven't seen much in terms of numbers for anyone in my league on their offensive side.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Shots are 20-18 in favor of the Pens... and the Pens have been shorthanded 5 times. The Pens were completely dominating, they took a 3 on 5 and gave up the goal to the Canes. Since that the Canes have been coming on. I think the Canes had 1 shot in the first 9 minutes.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Shots are 20-18 in favor of the Pens... and the Pens have been shorthanded 5 times. The Pens were completely dominating, they took a 3 on 5 and gave up the goal to the Canes. Since that the Canes have been coming on. I think the Canes had 1 shot in the first 9 minutes.

Seems like Fleury is pulling a Rask so far this game, by which i mean keeping his team in the game.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score

Huh, I don't know then. I haven't been able to watch it since I'm in class but Fleury's numbers went up fairly quickly so it seemed like maybe the 'Canes were keeping it in their zone :shrug:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
In other news, it looks like the league is seriously cracking down on head hits since Hanzal - who's never had an issues with discipline - just got a two-game suspension for his I believe first head hit. It seems like it's gotten ridiculously out of hand this season so it's good to see the crack down, but man, there's been so many suspension and injuries lately that the games are just all over the place for line ups.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FUUUUUCKKK Scuderi has a broken ankle and will be having surgery later this week... which means for all intents and purposes he is currently out indefinitely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')