NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

???
Reaction score
FUUUUUCKKK Scuderi has a broken ankle and will be having surgery later this week... which means for all intents and purposes he is currently out indefinitely

However, as either Steigy or Bob mentioned during our last game, it kinda frees up a logjam at defense with Bortuzzo looking so good and Engellend having been moved to the wing. Still, we only have one Piece. :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
However, as either Steigy or Bob mentioned during our last game, it kinda frees up a logjam at defense with Bortuzzo looking so good and Engellend having been moved to the wing. Still, we only have one Piece. :(

Yeah if it was Bortuzzo or Engellend injured I'd say it's fine... but there is nobody else on the team close to as good defensively as Scuderi, that's why they signed him :2c:

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I swear, everytime I turn my head away and stop paying attention, the Canucks actually start playing decent hockey. I'm glad that Tortorella has finally put the twins and Kesler on the same line. They have way too much chemistry to be kept apart, even if Kesler is no longer playing center.

Also, it's hilarious how whenever Vancouver gets a penalty, the camera zooms right in on Tortorella's face, in anticipation of epic yelling. :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Pens > Bruins 3-2 :wallbash:

That was a fantastic hockey game :agreed:

Fixd. That being said, yes it was a fantasic game :agreed: so close

Good:
  • Jarome Arthur-Leigh Adekunle Tig Junior Elvis Iginla now has 3 goals in 3 games. Glad to see he has his game going, finally.
  • Tuukka Mikael Rask (shortest Finnish name ever) was outstanding again. I can't blame him on breakaways, which leads to;
Bad:
  • Poor defense as a whole on our part. Too many breakaways. Yes, I'm looking at you Seidenberg and Caron. You know better.
  • Sidney Crosby randomly trying to start shit with Krug, but Rask got him with a good shove so it's ok.
Lingering Questions:
  • How many teeth did Orpik pull? I saw him pull one, but he was going at a second it looked like.
  • How many people honestly believe Crosby would beat Krug?
  • How does Letang keep that majestic mane under control?

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
[*]How many teeth did Orpik pull? I saw him pull one, but he was going at a second it looked like.
[/LIST]

- It was Dupuis that lost teeth. Unless Orpik lost some too. If that's the case I missed that. I think he only pulled one, tried the other but he said it was previously glued in there so It didn't come.

• How many people honestly believe Crosby would beat Krug?

- I really don't know Krug's fighting abilities. As far as I know neither one of them are fighters, so, I'd call it a push. Crosby does have a titanium jaw, however. :lol:

• How does Letang keep that majestic mane under control?

- Mabe it comes naturally?

kris-letang-hair.jpg

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
- I really don't know Krug's fighting abilities. As far as I know neither one of them are fighters, so, I'd call it a push. Crosby does have a titanium jaw, however. :lol:

Not sure I'd call responding to a stick in the ribs as "randomly trying to start shit" either :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
- It was Dupuis that lost teeth. Unless Orpik lost some too. If that's the case I missed that. I think he only pulled one, tried the other but he said it was previously glued in there so It didn't come.

My bad. In my defense, I hate the Pens and they all look the same to me :fawk:

Only video I could find of Krug fighting:

Not sure I'd call responding to a stick in the ribs as "randomly trying to start shit" either :lol:

Even then, it's something that happens normally. Crosby is just a whiny little girl, and Rask even got sick of him, which made me laugh. Nothing beats the Conference Finals though, with Chara scaring the crap out of him and Paille wiping him out

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Even then, it's something that happens normally. Crosby is just a whiny little girl, and Rask even got sick of him, which made me laugh.

You're right. It is something that happens normally. Just like its normal for scraps between the players involved in the incident to occur. Yet, anytime Crosby does it he's a "Whiny little girl." I bet if some other players did it, it would be considered "toughness" and "sticking up for yourself"

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
You're right. It is something that happens normally. Just like its normal for scraps between the players involved in the incident to occur. Yet, anytime Crosby does it he's a "Whiny little girl." I bet if some other players did it, it would be considered "toughness" and "sticking up for yourself"

No, it's just that Crosby acts up like this every game I see him play. Granted, that's mostly against the Bruins and they seem to make him wet himself at night, but still, the media's portrayal as him being the 'best hockey player evur 4alltyme' seems to have gotten to his head. He acts like he's untouchable. I have never seen a Bruins player other than Marchand freak out over something as trivial as that, and that's only because that is Marchand's trade mark, being a pest.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
No, it's just that Crosby acts up like this every game I see him play. Granted, that's mostly against the Bruins and they seem to make him wet himself at night, but still, the media's portrayal as him being the 'best hockey player evur 4alltyme' seems to have gotten to his head. He acts like he's untouchable. I have never seen a Bruins player other than Marchand freak out over something as trivial as that, and that's only because that is Marchand's trade mark, being a pest.

No offense, but this is horseshit. You just undermined yourself by saying when Crosby does it, he's being a bitch but for Marchand it's "being a pest"? No way, it's being trivial at the end of the day and who gives a shit. Crosby puts up numbers clear as that, so the reputation he's earned is because of it. Do I agree with all of it? No. But I will say he is a great player and if we had him, I wouldn't complain.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I would like to take this time to apologize for asinine comments made by myself above. I was running on no sleep for a couple days, and just before I posted that I had some really messed up shit happen in my personal life. Mix those with my hatred of Crosby and my grandfathers constant gloating about how good the Pens are and I turn into a malicious, hateful asshole. I don't like Crosby, never have, never will even if he was a Bruin, but he is a good player. That being said, I obviously have pissed off and possibly offended you guys and that may have been my intent at the time, after sleeping my whole day away and realizing I was unfairly taking out my frustration on my friends and being a douche, I sincerely apologize.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I would like to take this time to apologize for asinine comments made by myself above. I was running on no sleep for a couple days, and just before I posted that I had some really messed up shit happen in my personal life. Mix those with my hatred of Crosby and my grandfathers constant gloating about how good the Pens are and I turn into a malicious, hateful asshole. I don't like Crosby, never have, never will even if he was a Bruin, but he is a good player. That being said, I obviously have pissed off and possibly offended you guys and that may have been my intent at the time, after sleeping my whole day away and realizing I was unfairly taking out my frustration on my friends and being a douche, I sincerely apologize.

No worries. I wasn't offended, just stating what I believe. Not adding my friend code for the Pokemon Friend Safari...now THAT offends me. :lol:

In other hockey news, I can finally like Max Talbot again!

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I just saw the highlights from the Flyers/Caps game last night. I'm sorry Flyers Fans, but Emery was an embarrassment last night. I'm alright with fighting in hockey in most cases, but jumping Holtby was ridiculous. He obviously didn't want to fight and Emery just jumped him and started wailing on him while he still had his gloves on.

It might be because I'm a Pens fan and I'm a little biased, but that was just uncalled for in my opinion.

I also wasn't a fan of the Refs letting it happen and then making sure nobody else got involved and came to Holtby's aid.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I just saw the highlights from the Flyers/Caps game last night. I'm sorry Flyers Fans, but Emery was an embarrassment last night. I'm alright with fighting in hockey in most cases, but jumping Holtby was ridiculous. He obviously didn't want to fight and Emery just jumped him and started wailing on him while he still had his gloves on.

It might be because I'm a Pens fan and I'm a little biased, but that was just uncalled for in my opinion.

I also wasn't a fan of the Refs letting it happen and then making sure nobody else got involved and came to Holtby's aid.

Emery or Mason? Mason was in for a majority of the game and I think Emery was only in during a brief period for the second (maybe third?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')