NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pav

???
Reaction score
That was dirty shit. I wish I could say good game Bruins, but that wasn't a good game. You had to take out one of our top defenseman on route to a one-goal win. Pretty sad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I won't defend Thornton. That being said, Orpik's hit on Eriksson wasn't clean. He left his feet and jumped into Eriksson's head. Plus most Pens fans seem to be ignoring Neal kneeing Marchand in the head. Yes, one of our guys made a bad decision, but so did your guys. It was an all around ugly game, quit just pointing fingers and accept some blame yourselves too

Using your logic, Pav, I could say "You had to take out one of our top forwards on route to a one-goal loss. Pretty sad."

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I don't care how many goals Neal scores, I've never liked the guy and kneeing Marchand in the head the way he did certainly didn't help improve that opinion.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I went back and watched the replay of both hits. The hit on Eriksson, Orpik came straight through and his feet came up AFTER they hit. It was unfortunate that Eriksson's head was down and at an angle so Orpik's shoulder caught his head, but there was absolutely nothing intentionally dirty about the hit. It wasn't a charge and it wasn't an intentional head shot. Clearly the refs (who called no penalty) and the league (who have scheduled no discipline hearing) think it was clean as well. The only ones that seem to think it was anything other than a clean hit are the Boston media and fans. That said, it was an open ice hit during gameplay... Thornton's move was a cowardly attack from behind while play wasn't going on and Orpik was talking to the ref. There is literally NO way to justify that. None.

The Neal / Marchand knee after watching the replay there is no defense for, he's got a hearing and should be getting a suspension for it.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I still see nothing dirty with the Orpik hit. Horrible outcome, but not an intentional hit to the head.

When I first saw the Neal/Marchand incident I didn't think it was intentional, however, after seeing the replay, I'm pretty sure it was intentional. Even if it wasn't, Neal has to have more awareness to avoid it. I think it warrants a 3-5 game suspension.

Still doesn't excuse jumping a guy and punching him in the face. That's the kind of stuff that shouldn't be tolerated in the game today.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Using your logic, Pav, I could say "You had to take out one of our top forwards on route to a one-goal loss. Pretty sad."

Correction, take out TWO of our top forwards. Chris Kelly is 4-6 weeks with broken ankle, compliments of Dupuis:

https://vine.co/v/hQqmIgKw2vW

And as I said above, I do not condone what Thornton did, and he deserves 7 or 8 games for it.

For fellow Bruins fans, here is the new projected lineup for tonight:

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Soderburg-Spooner-Fraser
Caron-Campbell-Paille

Chara-Hamilton
Seidenberg-Krug
Bartkowski-Miller

Rask
Johnson

Pav

???
Reaction score
Had any of those injuries occurred as a result of being sucker punched and a stretcher wheeled out, I might see your "logic." But as it stands, they answered borderline dirty play with well-over-the-line stupidity. Multiple wrongs never make a right and I simply hope we address your Sandy Vagina Syndrome the next time we play.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh ffs and which one of those Dupuis swings with his blade ON THE ICE wasn't at the puck that was RIGHT THERE exactly? Don't suppose Kelly blocked a shot that could have caused that at any point in the game either :rolleyes:

I do love the mentality that seems so common in Philly and Boston that no matter what happens on the ice they're always the victims regardless of how asininely out of line their behavior is.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Oh FFS, it was an ugly game on all sides, let's be ....ing done with it shall we? Thornton will get the suspension he deserves and Neal will get repremanded for the damage he did (I think he was the one who hit Erikson right?), enough of this pissing match.

I honestly don't get rivalries anymore, they're teams with people on them and you know if you were on the other side of whatever argument it is that's happening, you'd be feeling the same way your opponent is.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
...so you're saying we just won that argument, right?

No, he's saying that it isn't worth bickering over, because both sides see the other as 'wrong' and defend their team, when in reality, both sides are equally at blame and it was an all around dirty game.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
...so you're saying we just won that argument, right?
No, he's saying that it isn't worth bickering over, because both sides see the other as 'wrong' and defend their team, when in reality, both sides are equally at blame and it was an all around dirty game.

This.

Notice how I never stepped in to defend the B's because I didn't see the game or any of the hits, but I do know who got hit and how bad it is/was and there's faults for both so .... it

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OMG we just had a reasonable discussion about hockey incidents... it truly is a sign of the apocalypse :rofl:

That said I just hope the injured players on both teams make full recoveries :yesway:

Now I need to go brace myself to watch the Pens struggle against Columbus tonight :lol:

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Now I need to go brace myself to watch the Pens struggle against Columbus tonight :lol:

It looks like Malkin will be back in the lineup tonight. He took the full morning skate and did line rushes.

And Dumoulin was called up this morning. I don't know if it will be him or Bortuzzo playing tonight. I'm assuming Bortuzzo.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It looks like Malkin will be back in the lineup tonight. He took the full morning skate and did line rushes.

And Dumoulin was called up this morning. I don't know if it will be him or Bortuzzo playing tonight. I'm assuming Bortuzzo.

Yeah saw that... hopefully Malkin can light the lamp tonight.

I'm curious to see how Dumoulin does if he gets play time as IIRC he had moments of brilliance in the preseason game he played but also had a lot of really terrible turnovers :lol:

protest

Reaction score
I don't know why people are upset with Neal, clearly he was just bracing for the inevitable impact between his leg and Marchand's head.

In all seriousness, Neal needs to get a lengthy suspension. He's a multiple repeat offender at this point.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Neal is suspended for 5 games, which is the maximum for the phone hearing the NHL scheduled. As someone who thinks head shots should be completely removed from the game I have no problem with it either.

protest

Reaction score
5 is as much as you could expect, but it should have been a few games more. Thornton should be getting at least 15. I'm not sure about his suspension history, but I'd say he probably deserves 20. I don't think he has a history of doing stuff like this, but I could be wrong.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
5 is as much as you could expect, but it should have been a few games more. Thornton should be getting at least 15. I'm not sure about his suspension history, but I'd say he probably deserves 20. I don't think he has a history of doing stuff like this, but I could be wrong.

He has zero history. No suspensions, fines or warnings of any sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')