NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Anyone see Tom Wilson's ridiculous charge on Brayden Schenn last night? He came from so far away that they couldn't even find a camera angle to show where he started skating for the hit.

I was at that game last night! That hit was vicious and COMPLETELY uncalled for. I'm pretty sure Schenn will at least have a concussion from it. The asshole chant was rampant through the stadium quickly after that. Everyone was PISSED! :scream: Including myself. Glad to see that game misconduct cost them the game! Voracek had a great night, as well as Read. Loved it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I was at that game last night! That hit was vicious and COMPLETELY uncalled for. I'm pretty sure Schenn will at least have a concussion from it. The asshole chant was rampant through the stadium quickly after that. Everyone was PISSED! :scream: Including myself. Glad to see that game misconduct cost them the game! Voracek had a great night, as well as Read. Loved it.

Yeah Wilson gift wrapped the game on that one, the Caps PK is abysmal. He was going in way to hard, would have been charging even if it didn't end the way it did. I still hate seeing the trend of guys in the NHL turning out of hits though. That goes against pretty much everything we were ever taught about taking a hit.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
The penalty was well deserved. I believe he got charging and boarding, resulting in the game misconduct. I agree, the big hits need to stay in the game, and that's just part of playing pro hockey. But that one last night was just WAAAAAYYY too much. Schenn was completely defenseless.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The penalty was well deserved. I believe he got charging and boarding, resulting in the game misconduct. I agree, the big hits need to stay in the game, and that's just part of playing pro hockey. But that one last night was just WAAAAAYYY too much. Schenn was completely defenseless.

It was 5 min for Charging. Take a look at around 1:20, that's the best view. He makes contact with the shoulder (not numbers, hence no board). It still would have been a charge without the injury. Schenn turns out at the last second. I have no idea why players are doing that. Take that hit (even if it is a charge) don't turn out. You have to protect yourself. I wouldn't do that in a mens league game and we don't even allow checking. But I have to worry that the other guy still may make contact. There have been tons of these hits in the last few years. Hell, Mike Green's dumb ass does it all the time. It's a wonder he hasn't been killed.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
That was a nasty hit. I'm sure the league and Shanahan will be reviewing that one. Watching Schenn stumble and try to stay up after having head contact with the boards is a worrisome indicator. It's no wonder it degenerated into a scrum right after.

At least the Flyers made the best of the resulting PP. Some period.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
He is getting a phone hearing, that means maximum punishment is 5 games. Anymore than 5 and it is an in person hearing.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
That was bad and Johnson should feel bad. I'm done defending his pathetic ass. There's a reason he's played for 3 teams in a year and is only worth $600,000

protest

Reaction score
No disciplinary action for Wilson hit after hearing. Like I said, must protect yourself when being hit.

Tom Wilson will not face disciplinary action Video - NHL VideoCenter

Personally I think that's a poor decision. Schenn was going flying into the boards regardless of the way his body was positioned. Maybe Shanahan thought the fact that Wilson cost his team the game was enough, but I can guarantee if Schenn had been seriously injured Wilson would've been suspended.

Also,

828513269.gif

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Personally I think that's a poor decision. Schenn was going flying into the boards regardless of the way his body was positioned. Maybe Shanahan thought the fact that Wilson cost his team the game was enough, but I can guarantee if Schenn had been seriously injured Wilson would've been suspended.

Also,

828513269.gif

Can't deny he looked back at Wilson and turned away. From experience I can tell you 3-4ft from boards is never a fun place to be when you are going to be hit though.

Was that Giroux? crazy backhander. Good to see he is playing better lately.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Can't deny he looked back at Wilson and turned away. From experience I can tell you 3-4ft from boards is never a fun place to be when you are going to be hit though.

It was a good play to get the puck back to the front of the net, but it was blind luck that it went in :lol: Can't believe I saw a headline calling that the goal of the year.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
It was a good play to get the puck back to the front of the net, but it was blind luck that it went in :lol: Can't believe I saw a headline calling that the goal of the year.

Very lucky indeed, was shocked that he got that much on it falling down though.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score

Shooting from that angle with a clear shot and only a goalie in front of you is tough to score, let alone what Giroux did. Crazy shot indeed! :agreed:

Hey, you have to have the ability to put a puck on net to score. That was luck AND ability! Great awareness by Giroux to even get that on net with that defensive coverage. That's one of the most impressive goals I've seen this season. Luck or not.

Says the Pens fan. :fawk: :lol:

:fawk::fawk::fawk: :tomato: PSSSSSSHHHHH!!! :rofl:

:hug:

protest

Reaction score
:rofl:

Nah on that one I'd be saying the same thing if it was Crosby...

He did score one like that a couple years back didn't he? Crosby's backhand is ridiculous.

Regardless of the luck though, there aren't a lot of people on the planet that can elevate the puck on their backhand like that while falling down and manage to get that much on it.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Shooting from that angle with a clear shot and only a goalie in front of you is tough to score, let alone what Giroux did. Crazy shot indeed! :agreed:

What? Giroux is like, 3/4 of to the right of the net while the goalie is all the way to the left defending against what he assumed was going to be the defenseman's shot; also standing up mind you, so it's not like even his leg was able to be stretched against Giroux's shot. I'll give him credit for the backhand but he had pretty much the whole net to shoot on so it's not that insane.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
He's further ahead than you think. Look how close he is to the red line there. He definitely did not have an angle to shoot on the entire net there. That's a bit much. The goalie is all the way to the left to get against the post and cover that angle. Just so happened he left his shoulder open. There weren't many open looks there except that one and that's where the puck ended up.

Pav

???
Reaction score
He did score one like that a couple years back didn't he? Crosby's backhand is ridiculous.

Yes, seven years ago actually.

When I saw the Giroux goal I couldn't help but think that Crosby had already done that. Plus Giroux's goal looked like he was just throwing it at the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')