Status
Not open for further replies.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Provided he can stop getting injured

He's not injured this time he's sick :lol:

I really do have mixed feelings about Letang. He is an incredible talent, but at the same time the Pens tend to be a MUCH better defensive team without him, and when they're playing well defensively they don't really need the extra scoring he brings :2c:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Was watching Rene Rancourt sing the anthems when all of a sudden, a wild Amon Amarth and Enslaved appeared.

(L to R: Johan Hegg (Vocals, Amon Amarth), Grutle Kjellson (Vocals/Bass, Enslaved), Ted Lundstrom (Bass, Amon Amarth), Cato "Bekkis (or Fish)" Bekkevold (Drums, Enslaved)
BfaLZMwCcAAo5-z.jpg:large

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
I'm really wondering what is going on with Letang. I wonder if maybe he's having migraine problems again. The media has been reporting that he isn't showing and symptoms of illness.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Adding a few things to my previous post, first here is Johan wearing a Bruins jersey on stage in Boston (skip to 1:54)

next off is the very surprising fact that Ben Scrivens is not only an Amon Amarth fan, but a GWAR fan. WOAH :eek:

1623268_10203356661096102_783067594_n.jpg

1619403_10203363480786590_375026890_n.jpg

1013519_10203363482706638_502060018_n.jpg

AdamMaz

Reaction score
USA/Russia shootout today was incredible, probably the best shootout of/for a long time.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bylsma's use of all Oshie all the time was pretty damn funny... also nice to see Kovulchoke live up to his name again :lol:

Seriously though absolutely fantastic game.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Bylsma's use of all Oshie all the time was pretty damn funny... also nice to see Kovulchoke live up to his name again :lol:

Seriously though absolutely fantastic game.

Kovalchuk did score a few nice goals in the SO and Quick made a ridiculous save on the last one. I thought it was a good game, got lucky on the disallowed goal. I thought Russia's defense was going to be exposed, but they played pretty well. Game was also a lot more physical than expected.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Looks like Zetterberg may be out for the rest of the season with a herniated disc :( Detroit can't catch a break, but hopefully Daytsuk stays healthy

Pav

???
Reaction score
Datsyuk isn't even healthy now. :lol: I'd be a little perplexed if I was a Wings fan.

Pav

???
Reaction score
He has been playing the entire tournament and looking great in the process. But leading up to the Olympics, there was some controversy surrounding because Datsyuk had missed the last two full months of the regular season with injury. Supposedly it was bothering him to the point that he was sitting out for the Wings, but still didn't hesitate to play for Team Russia.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Damn that's rough... Islanders have confirmed Tavares suffered a knee injury in yesterday's Canada / Latvia game and will be out for the rest of the season.

Islanders captain Tavares out for season

(not that they are playoff bound but still a tough break)

Zetterberg, Zuccarello, Barkov, Kopecky, and Taveres. It's no wonder the owners and the NHL don't like the Olympics. They get nothing from it but injured players.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Zetterberg, Zuccarello, Barkov, Kopecky, and Taveres. It's no wonder the owners and the NHL don't like the Olympics. They get nothing from it but injured players.

I still believe the NHL shouldn't be in the Olympics. It makes it incredibly unfair for other countries. You get USA, Canada, Sweden and Finland every year pretty much packed with NHL players, then you get Latvia, Slovenia, Austria, etc with 5 or less NHL players who have almost no chance.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Why should a professional league take precedence over an international competition? I can understand the attachment to the NHL as a fan, since it is far more frequent/present, but I am confident that every player with virtue of being an athlete and competitor wants to play on the international stage and should not be blocked from doing so (since I doubt any player would sign a contract with such a clause)

The Olympics is for the world's best players, there should be no restrictions on who can compete. The point isn't for it to be fair, the point is supremacy. That is the nature of such a competition.

Pav

???
Reaction score
That international competition has absolutely zero affiliation with the NHL, aside from the fact that they're both hockey. I always viewed the NHL's closing for the Olympics as a complete, massive courtesy to the players that choose to take part. But the NHL is a business and businesses need to make money, and from that perspective that Olympic break makes zero sense for the league.

Case in point: John Tavares is now done for the season. Try telling Charles Wang or anyone within the Islanders ownership that the pride and prestige of playing for Canada was worth it. They don't give a shit, they just lost their star forward to an incident that was completely unrelated to the NHL, and it's going to cost them big time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')