NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I still believe the NHL shouldn't be in the Olympics. It makes it incredibly unfair for other countries. You get USA, Canada, Sweden and Finland every year pretty much packed with NHL players, then you get Latvia, Slovenia, Austria, etc with 5 or less NHL players who have almost no chance.

So you'd level the playing field by excluding the best players in the sport? Keep in mind that if you exclude the NHL you also lose the KHL and all the European leagues as well. So basically you're left with a hockey tournament played by people not good enough to play professionally. Doesn't really sound worth watching :2c:

Also prior to the inclusion of professional athletes hockey was pretty much dominated by two countries: Canada and the USSR. So I don't understand what you're complaining about. It's not like there was a great deal of variety in which countries did well prior to the inclusion of the pros.

If you don't believe me check the medal history at the bottom of the page:
Ice hockey at the Olympic Games - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I would like to see the World Cup brought back.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I'd prefer to see the NHL start cooperating with the IIHF so the World Championships are after the Stanley cup so NHL players can play in both :2c:

Either way they would be after the NHL season which would be preferable. I also liked the best of 3 format for the 1996 World Cup finals.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
This was in a related article from the Sochi closing ceremony, and I never thought of it until now

8cb8bcb2635d736e6dc7d3474fcc446e_crop_north.png

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Martin is out 4-6 weeks, Letang is out for at least a month, and Bennett had a setback and is out 3-4 more weeks. You reach a point where you start to wonder if the Pens will EVER have a full healthy lineup :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
So Martin is out 4-6 weeks, Letang is out for at least a month, and Bennett had a setback and is out 3-4 more weeks. You reach a point where you start to wonder if the Pens will EVER have a full healthy lineup :lol:

How the Bruins fans felt a few months ago XD we actually had one of those "X games since last injury" tickers and it never went more than 3.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
...Aaaand the Canucks are doing even worse than I thought they would be. This is why I don't follow them anymore. It's just too painful.

At least I can take solace in the fact that my hometown WHL team, the Kelowna Rockets, are positively killing it this year. They're #1 in the CHL power rankings.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow awesome... the league rescinded the 5 minute major and game misconduct for elbowing on Tanner Glass... shame it still cost the Pens the game :rant:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, does anybody remember the good old days when somebody that tried that inside outside on Orpik like Toews scored on would have been on the ice wondering what the hell happened to them?

I hate to say it, but the more I watch the more I wonder if Orpik is going to get resigned...

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
So, does anybody remember the good old days when somebody that tried that inside outside on Orpik like Toews scored on would have been on the ice wondering what the hell happened to them?

I hate to say it, but the more I watch the more I wonder if Orpik is going to get resigned...

I'm starting to think that concussion might have hit him harder than originally thought. Dammit Thorty.

Anywho, glad the Rags forgot how to play tonight after the first period.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
And Thomas Vanek is now a Canadien. Huge props to Bergevin for making the best, most immediately-impactful move of the post-championship Canadiens era. And all he had to give up was a 2nd round pick and Sebastian Collberg, who (although he's been excellent in Junior tournaments) hasn't been able to bring his game to the next level since being drafted and is struggling get minutes playing against men in the Swedish league.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ yeah the Vanek trade was a great move if they can sign him :agreed:

Awesome, so the Pens are in desperate need of good wingers and they trade for a third or fourth line center :wallbash:

Meanwhile a number of teams in the conference got significant upgrades... the only good news is Moulson went to the Wild

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Halak to the Caps... Oh the irony!

9k=
halak.jpg

9k=

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')