NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robby the Robot

The President Bits
Reaction score
As long as the Penguins don't blow a playoff series like they did last year, I'm fine with their insanity technique.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
Yeah, Iginla looks like he's going to work really well on a line with Bergeron and Marchand, same with the first line. Which is kind of scary, since they were pretty great already.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Iginla was a great acquisition for you guys, if anyone had any doubts they pretty much vanished yesterday lol.

Couple of kids shown some good stuff but yesterday's game wasn't much balanced ahaha. Price was looking a bit sketchy, hopes that he'll up is game when the season wil start

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
What a horrible night for Pittsburgh teams last night. Pens, Steelers, and Bucs all lose.

So far the biggest positive I've seen for the Pens is Beau Bennett. I really think/hope he is going to have a great season.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a horrible night for Pittsburgh teams last night. Pens, Steelers, and Bucs all lose.

So far the biggest positive I've seen for the Pens is Beau Bennett. I really think/hope he is going to have a great season.

:agreed:

I didn't have any doubts about Bennett, and am really impressed with the way he bulked up over the summer... I'm a bit concerned about the rest of the team though :lol:

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Yeah, there have been a lot of negatives. I hated seeing someone sitting in front of Vokoun, untouched, for pretty much the whole night. Quite a few dumb passes. Hopefully things get ironed out before the season starts.

Pav

???
Reaction score
:agreed:

I didn't have any doubts about Bennett, and am really impressed with the way he bulked up over the summer... I'm a bit concerned about the rest of the team though :lol:

I didn't doubt him either. I think he looked great throughout last season and the playoffs and am hoping he's on Geno's wing full-time.

Though living out of market, I haven't been able to actually "see" anyone yet, so if he's bulked up he should be ready to go. :yesway:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
He's definitely bigger and more physical now. The first goal of the preseason for the Pens was him delivering a strong check to somebody to take the puck away then passing it to Neal who was open coming to the net for the goal. I was impressed.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
So it looks like Bennett will be on a lines with Sutter and D'Agostini and Kobasew will play on the first line with Crosby and Kunitz. Not following the logic there.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So it looks like Bennett will be on a lines with Sutter and D'Agostini and Kobasew will play on the first line with Crosby and Kunitz. Not following the logic there.

Yeah I didn't get it either. It's definitely a reward for Kobasew for those two goals, but I just don't see him as a top line player while Bennett should be :2c:

I'm also concerned that Fleury isn't getting the start tonight as well.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
You'd think we'd pull Subban after the first few goals are let in but NO. They leave him in for the WHOLE game. 8-2 loss :wallbash:

Only goals from us are Iginla and Johnson. Names sound familiar? They each scored 2 goals in the first game. 3 in 2 games now.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
How would you guys rate this team for a fantasy league?

Radim Vrbata (F)
Tyler Bozak (F)
Patrice Bergeron (C)
Nazem Kadri (C)
Henrik Zetterberg (LW)
Dustin Brown (LW)
Pascal Dupuis (RW)
Justin Williams (RW)
Zdeno Chara (D)
Alexander Edler (D)
Brent Seabrook (D)
Dennis Seidenberg (D)
Marc-Andre Fleury (G)
Antti Niemi (G)

Bench
Jannik Hansen (RW)
Andrew Cogliano (LW)
Jordan Staal (C)
Victor Hedman (D)
Damien Brunner (F)

Missed out on Crosby (he was first to go, obviously) along with Patrick Kane, David Krejci, Markov, Letang, Sedin, Duncan Keith, and Stamkos (second to go) but I feel confident with a chunk of them. I know Bergeron was hurt but from what I've seen/read he should be back into the thick of it soon enough to be worth it, so I'm not worried about having used a higher round pick on him.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I would have honestly passed on Fleury. Maybe Khudobin or something ahead of him. Flower is just so shaky these past couple seasons.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I would have honestly passed on Fleury. Maybe Khudobin or something ahead of him. Flower is just so shaky these past couple seasons.

Trust me, there he wasn't my first choice for Goalie but they all got snatched up before my pick. Truth be told I had a shitty spot for a Snake draft, 12 guys total, I was #9, then when it was reverse, I was #3 so I had to have my shit ready. I also didn't want to rely to heavily on the B's because despite them being a good team, there are others out there who are good too.

I don't even remember who my first pick for Goalie was but he ended up getting taken if I remember correctly

Although it looks like Colorado's goalie is actually pretty good, more saves and shutout wins vs. Fleury who's only advantage is more overall game wins, might be worth a swap for

Pav

???
Reaction score
Fleury is still a good fantasy goalie. His regular season play is solid and he'll get plenty of wins with the team playing in front of him.

I think your real problem is a lack of scoring forwards.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I wish I had noticed how many of my guys ended the season with injuries :lol: Bergeron obviously, but Kadri is also just getting back into playing condition after blocking a shot with his hand last week, so he shouldn't be too bad; and Dustin Brown had issues with his hamstring as well and he was another one of my higher point scorers.

Just swapped out one of my LWs already too. Grabbed Cogliano from Anaheim (who I have NEVER payed attention to besides making fun of their name) for Glencross from Calgary. Trading face-off wins and penalty time for overall higher: goals (regular and PP), assists (regular and PP) as well as shots on net

Pav

???
Reaction score
I annually have a problem with drafting guys who have yet to re-sign with their teams and end up holding out. Last year I drafted PK Subban who missed the start of the season. This year I have Derek Stepan, who is apparently at a standstill with the Rangers.

Out of curiosity, who was your first-round pick?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the Pens are getting back to what they do best: outshooting the opponent almost 2 to 1 and losing anyways :wallbash:

Fortunately it's still preseason and they starting lineup has still not played a single game :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')