NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I never thought I'd say this, but I concur with wishing Fleury to stay on top of his game

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It really is the apocalypse, Tanner Glass went backhand top shelf for a goal :lol:

Oh the irony, Jokinen got a hat trick against Carolina... who are paying 1/2 his salary :rofl:

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Decent late game tonight. Luongo and Schneider were as good as advertised - although with the hype during the whole offseason, it was pretty hard for either to live up to the sensational matchup everyone's been talking about for months.

I'll live and die with the Oilers, but I'm glad to see Vancouver is responding to Torts - a little more fire and brimstone theatrics in the coaching might give them back the edge they've been accused of losing.

Also happy Jagr is having a good start after a tough playoff in Boston. I guess all he needed was a...new jersey :cool:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
So I'm sure you have all seen/heard it, but holy dogshit, Tomas Hertl. 3rd NHL game. Last game, he scored 2 against the Coyotes, and tonight, he got FOUR against the Rangers. The highlight is his fourth goal, which is definitely one of the most beautiful I've ever seen. Keep in mind this kid is 19 years, 330 days old.

What is it with the Czechs kicking out such amazing players? Jagr, Krejci, Elias, and now Hertl.

This kid even LOOKS like Jagr:

hertl-jagr_zpsac3cbc65.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Hertl.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Wow. That's some goal! Looks like SJ is off to the same type of start as last year. I was at the season opener last year where they whipped us at Rexall...I think it was 5 or 6-0 after 1 period and the boos were just raining down.

NY's sure having a rough start. Maybe Alain Vigneault took Vancouver's woes with him.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So worst game of the year so far for the Pens last night... hopefully they get it back together tonight against Tampa.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch the game last night. What happened? Was it a whole team issue or did Zatkoff not hold up?

Bit of both. Zatkoff could have been better, but the D in front of him wasn't good, the Pens took too many stupid penalties, and failed to capitalize on 6 power play opportunities.

You really don't want to give up a 3 on 5 in your goaltender's NHL debut (where 2 of the goals against came from)

Pav

???
Reaction score
I felt it was more Zatkoff than our D. Dude gave up some GIANT rebounds.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I felt it was more Zatkoff than our D. Dude gave up some GIANT rebounds.

Eh he gave up some rebounds, but 5 out of 6 goals were odd man situations, either shorthanded or odd man rushes against the Pens. Bylsma said as much in an interview I just listened to on the radio.

Pav

???
Reaction score
That is true, I believe I read something like that earlier. Plus watching the Tampa game right now reminded me that we've been taking far too many penalties lately.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is true, I believe I read something like that earlier. Plus watching the Tampa game right now reminded me that we've been taking far too many penalties lately.

Yeah I was impressed the first couple of games by the disciplined play... sadly it didn't last :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So Fleury has given up 0,1,2,4... let's hope the next game isn't 8 :eek: :rofl:

Also a fond f*ck you to the referee that towed Stamkos across the damn rink leading directly to the tying goal late in the game... he should not be allowed to officiate anymore games.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Also a fond f*ck you to the referee that towed Stamkos across the damn rink leading directly to the tying goal late in the game... he should not be allowed to officiate anymore games.

That was the most ridiculous things I've ever seen. It was horrible no matter what the outcome was, but for it to lead to a goal made it that much worse.

It wasn't the best game played, but at least they got the win. I really back hope they get back to playing a tighter style like they did in the first few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')