NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
There are a scary amount of Pens fans on this board. I am afraid :ugh:

On another note, Dubnyk finally got his first win. And it only took 11% of the season to get! I really hope the Oilers pull it together. Year after year near the basement is becoming a downer.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There are a scary amount of Pens fans on this board. I am afraid :ugh:

On another note, Dubnyk finally got his first win. And it only took 11% of the season to get! I really hope the Oilers pull it together. Year after year near the basement is becoming a downer.

I was just at the Oilers game against the Pens, if they get some goaltending they're going to be fine :2c:

I will say their coach needs to get over it with Yakupov already. He looked great whenever he was on the ice, and in a 2-3 game he kept him on the bench while trying to tie it up? Stupid, stupid move. Yakupov is a puck handling free-wheeling monster that needs to be put on a line with guys who will support that style of play.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
I was just at the Oilers game against the Pens, if they get some goaltending they're going to be fine :2c:

I will say their coach needs to get over it with Yakupov already. He looked great whenever he was on the ice, and in a 2-3 game he kept him on the bench while trying to tie it up? Stupid, stupid move. Yakupov is a puck handling free-wheeling monster that needs to be put on a line with guys who will support that style of play.

I absolutely agree. I think there's potential in Dubnyk, but he's not a solid #1 goalie yet. I was kind of hoping that somehow they would've be able to land Bernier - that way they could do a tag team thing like Chicago did last year to take some of the pressure off.

There's obviously a level of responsibility and sensible play that organizations try to cultivate in players for good reason (like everyone in Detroit), but I often wonder why some coaches try to smash the freewheeling aspect out of players. Some guys just do better when you let em go - at least in the early going, and if they end up scoring or doing something positive it really gets the team and the crowd into it. I was at the LA game last year with the infamous Yakupov slide, and I can say this: the guy can perform under pressure, and it's entertaining as hell to watch.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
You know, I've always wondered why that is. My excuse is I used to live across the street from Mellon Arena.

I thought it was because all Pens fans are bandwagoners. :scratch:

And I'll just leave this here...

1378563_540889336003020_673515784_n.jpg

AdamMaz

Reaction score
at least Plecky could score a strange looking goal and another one in the empty net to close the deal.
I was at the hospital in my bed getting MRI results when he got the game winner and my attention. I've got my priorities straight :D

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Was at the game tonight... I knew the Pens were going to blow it when the first period ended with the Pens outshooting the Avs 3 to 1 and the score was still 0-0 :lol:

Giguere had an amazing night and was pretty much the only reason the Avs pulled out the win :agreed:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Was at the game tonight... I knew the Pens were going to blow it when the first period ended with the Pens outshooting the Avs 3 to 1 and the score was still 0-0 :lol:

Giguere had an amazing night and was pretty much the only reason the Avs pulled out the win :agreed:

Same reason the Bruins lost to the Avs. Could not get ANYTHING past Giguere. When he's good, holy shit. We outplayed them, BIG time, but christ. Nothing would get past him.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Apparently Colorado is off to the best start in their history. Pretty good accomplishment for a team that's kind of under the radar.

On that note, I couldn't be happier that realignment put the Oilers in a different division. Between barely losing to Colorado and constantly losing to Minnesota, it was getting sad. We might be at the bottom of the conference, but at least that's not causing it yet!

Jlang

I am Megatron
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe how well Colorado has started! I'm genuinely excited. Going from dead last to a very promising start for 2013-14 ; things are looking up!

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Wow, I can't believe how well Colorado has started! I'm genuinely excited. Going from dead last to a very promising start for 2013-14 ; things are looking up!

Really glad for Patrick Roy, I would had love to have him at the head of the Habs (though I'm really happy with Therien's job). He had an awesome run with the Remparts, brought them to the finals more often than the other LHJMQ teams

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

I've only seen one Avs game this season and that was the one last night that I was at. If the others have been like that it won't last. You can't consistently take stupid penalties and get outshot 2-1 or more and continue to win games indefinitely, it eventually catches up with you.

Pav

???
Reaction score
I've only seen one Avs game this season and that was the one last night that I was at. If the others have been like that it won't last. You can't consistently take stupid penalties and get outshot 2-1 or more and continue to win games indefinitely, it eventually catches up with you.

They've definitely been riding the back of their goaltending a bit. They'll come back to earth. Even if Varlamov puts up a Vezina year Giguere will tire out eventually.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Tim Thomas has another groin injury. Damn, i hate to see this. He was just finally getting back in the groove, playing like the Timmy we know... DAMN

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
So long as he's healed by the Nov. 7th game, I don't give a damn. That's the only reason I'm going to see a B's game this season, Panthers suck and won't really be struggle against them besides Thomas; and it's his first game back in Boston.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
And Eriksson is out indefinitely thanks to that asshole John Scott. What really gets me is that Sabers fans are saying this isn't a dirty hit, and Lucic's hit on Miller was way worse:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Scott hit was ridiculous... but so was Lucic's hit on Miller. The difference is Scott will almost definitely be suspended :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')