NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Game not only had to go into overtime, but with the Bruins coming out on top... least desired outcome possible! :wallbash:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I've been at work for most of the game, but god damn, 6-0 against Detroit? ....ing hell, this is a slaughter.

Sorry, 6-1

Pav

???
Reaction score
I was just going to comment on how shitty the Pens looked for most of last night...

...Than I watched the highlights of the Wings/Bruins. Mother of god, you guys were just standing around. :scratch:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
I was just going to comment on how shitty the Pens looked for most of last night...

...Than I watched the highlights of the Wings/Bruins. Mother of god, you guys were just standing around. :scratch:

What is a defense? How do we hockey?

I'm done with Bartkowski, he's been playing like shit the past few games. Why the FVCK do we keep giving Caron chances? He's terrible. Only player that didn't suck was Krug, he ended up playing goalie a couple times. Why didn't Rask get pulled? At least it would have helped save his S% and GAA

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet, Bryzgalov had a shoutout in his first game back in the NHL for the Oilers :yes way:

Also Weber is now injured... can the year get worse for the Preds? :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Sweet, Bryzgalov had a shoutout in his first game back in the NHL for the Oilers :yes way:

Also Weber is now injured... can the year get worse for the Preds? :lol:

a mod, messing up a emote? THE END IS NIGH!

anyways, I was cheering him on the whole time. Like i said before, i can't hate a goalie, and have been hoping the best for him since he was bought out. I hope he does well with the Oilers.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Technomancer!!!! Nice to see you are still here! My Flyers seem to have woke up a little, that's making me happy. Seems we have two solid goaltenders. Just need that defense to step up. Stuck at work today, so I'll be listening in to their game against the Jets today. Gotta say, I love having LeCavalier on our team. What a difference maker!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey how you doing? As a Pens fan I hate to say it but it is good to see the Flyers doing better as they should be a better team than they were early in the year.

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
Doing good! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Oh, that Flyers/Pens rivalry. They have replaced the Devils atop the hated honors in Philly, I believe :lol:. That was hard to do. On paper, the Flyers should be a much better team. They are slowly coming around. I still see some pieces missing, and don't quite understand their love for signing players that are past their prime (see Steve Downie), but they are doing what they can. Berube is doing an okay job as HC, but I can't see him being a long term fix. That Philly front office kills me every year.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Doing good! Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Oh, that Flyers/Pens rivalry. They have replaced the Devils atop the hated honors in Philly, I believe :lol:. That was hard to do. On paper, the Flyers should be a much better team. They are slowly coming around. I still see some pieces missing, and don't quite understand their love for signing players that are past their prime (see Steve Downie), but they are doing what they can. Berube is doing an okay job as HC, but I can't see him being a long term fix. That Philly front office kills me every year.

Yeah they really do need to replace their GM and find a good head coach...

curious to see how the Pens do over the next couple of weeks, their arguably two best defensemen are out for at least 3-4 more weeks each... in addition to Bennett who FINALLY got to try out on the top line and Glass who provides a lot of grit. Unless the top two lines really go on a terror it's not looking promising...

Blood Tempest

Eschaton Mémoire
Contributor
Reaction score
They would be dangerous if they did that. Just not really too sure I'll be seeing it anytime soon. Listening in to the game at work. Good 1-0 start at the end of the first period. *crosses fingers*

Pav

???
Reaction score
Paul Holmgren is ....ing terrible. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those hasty moves were a result of pressure from Ed Snyder and co., but they had a team that was threatening for a Cup, then dismantled the team thinking Richards and Carter partied too much. They would then party their way to a Cup together in LA while the Flyers are still trying to figure shit out.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Paul Holmgren is ....ing terrible.
:yesway:

I miss the Flyers of those days, lot of fun to watch.

Is it just me or does Chara look like he got into better shape? His physique doesn't look as awkward as he use to, much more athletic.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Paul Holmgren is ....ing terrible. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those hasty moves were a result of pressure from Ed Snyder and co., but they had a team that was threatening for a Cup, then dismantled the team thinking Richards and Carter partied too much. They would then party their way to a Cup together in LA while the Flyers are still trying to figure shit out.

:agreed:

That said, Richards was a TERRIBLE choice for team captain, he really doesn't have the personality for it. Nothing kills morale and team dedication like having your captain throw his teammates under the bus after a loss, and he did that WAY too much :2c:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
God damn did San Jose have a good night. Sure they let in three goals, but Burns got a hat-trick with an assists, and Wingels has a goal himself.

At this rate, I'm more of a Sharks fan than a B's fans

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
I was stoked to see Bryzgalov get a shutout in his debut. And then there was game 2...seems like the seesaw might still be well in order. I'll be watching the home debut with interest.

Also, one of our communications giants just acquired the rights to NHL games and the Hockey Night in Canada brand a couple days ago...dunno if you American folk have much/any access to CBC games on Saturday night, but it's a legendary thing up here. It also means that they can show Don Cherry the exit. Kind of interesting - in the first intermission between Toronto and Montreal tonight, he was surprisingly lucid and basically said leave us alone...and of course he managed to compare it to Bobby Orr :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')