NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The funniest thing about that Hawks / Flyers game was the NHL trying to hype the game beforehand when anybody that was being realistic knew the Flyers were going to get killed :2c:

This is actually not a knock on the Flyers either, the Pens would probably get killed if they played the Hawks right now too :lol:

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
This is actually not a knock on the Flyers either, the Pens would probably get killed if they played the Hawks right now too :lol:

I think the majority of the Eastern Conference would get killed.

I just looked at the standings. The 4th spot in the East wouldn't even make the top 8 in the West.

protest

Reaction score
The funniest thing about that Hawks / Flyers game was the NHL trying to hype the game beforehand when anybody that was being realistic knew the Flyers were going to get killed :2c:

You edited that didn't you lol. The first time I saw it, it was just the first paragraph and I had finally found an excuse to use the :dick: emoticon :lol:

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think the majority of the Eastern Conference would get killed.

I just looked at the standings. The 4th spot in the East wouldn't even make the top 8 in the West.

Islanders aren't too far from Edmonton's record, just a difference of two OTLs vs. W's and voila; even.

...Aside from them, yeah, we would get slaughtered in the West.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
The disparity between the two conferences in relation to the overall league standings is insane. The only thing I can think of that would explain it is most of the Eastern teams are rebuilding or need to be rebuilt. Lot of unstable teams in regards to player/contract movement.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You edited that didn't you lol. The first time I saw it, it was just the first paragraph and I had finally found an excuse to use the :dick: emoticon :lol:

:rofl:

Yes I did as I posted it and went, "Wait that sounds like I was slamming the Flyers and that wasn't what I meant...".

If the Pens were healthy I'd give them a shot against any of the teams in the west, but with three of their top 4 defensemen out of the lineup and Neal suspended, not so much :lol:

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
If the Pens were healthy I'd give them a shot against any of the teams in the west, but with three of their top 4 defensemen out of the lineup and Neal suspended, not so much :lol:

Same with the Bruins. We are out, what, 2-3 defensemen and a whole buncha forwards, plus both of our goalies, 2 forwards, our captain and another defenseman all have the flu :/ it was so bad yesterday that during practice, the Bruins actually put an emergency ad out in Edmonton looking for a practice goalie.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Didn't deserve to win that one tonight, but I'm glad we did.

In other news, this is a thing:

5f9uv.gif

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fuck it never ends... Malkin injured his leg tonight and it did not look good and Letang didn't play tonight.

So currently the Pens are missing:
Bennett
Ebbett
Glass
Letang
Malkin
Martin
Neal (suspended for being a dumbass)
Orpik
Scuderi
Vokoun

That's 3 of the Pens top 6 forwards (basically the second line) and both of the top defensive pairings...

EDIT: ok update after the game Malkin was walking around normally, so that at least gives some hope :lol:

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
That was a wild deflection off Chara's stick. It just sank like a rock.

Jarome's hand looks ridiculous in that still. It's his ring finger then?

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Congrats, Canucks, on beating an injury-ridden, flu-struck team of AHL players!

Brad Marchand reminds us all what REALLY matters:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')