NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
He's further ahead than you think. Look how close he is to the red line there. He definitely did not have an angle to shoot on the entire net there. That's a bit much. The goalie is all the way to the left to get against the post and cover that angle. Just so happened he left his shoulder open. There weren't many open looks there except that one and that's where the puck ended up.

Scratch that, I was mis-reading the ENTIRE play. To me it looked like Giroux was the one in front of the net and the player to the left (who was ACTUALLY Giroux) passed it to him and he scored right at the key. I didn't realize that was him off to the left making the play against McElhinney in the corner, which was why I was so shocked for all the praise he was getting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Like I said I like Giroux and it was an impressive play to get the puck back to the net. That said I think something like Hertle's goal earlier in the season where he drew the goalie off and shot back between his legs to score was much more impressive :2c:

When I saw the Giroux goal I couldn't help but think that Crosby had already done that. Plus Giroux's goal looked like he was just throwing it at the net.

That's because he was :lol: It wasn't even "on net", it bounced off something in front and deflected in, can't tell if it was the goaltender's stick or the defenseman in front.

protest

Reaction score
That's because he was :lol: It wasn't even "on net", it bounced off something in front and deflected in, can't tell if it was the goaltender's stick or the defenseman in front.

Giroux's goal? That definitely went in clean over the left shoulder, there was nothing there to deflect it.

And if we're trying to remain unbiased, Crosby was just flinging the puck at the net as well lol. But damn, I didn't think that was seven years ago..gettin old haha.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Giroux's goal? That definitely went in clean over the left shoulder, there was nothing there to deflect it.

And if we're trying to remain unbiased, Crosby was just flinging the puck at the net as well lol. But damn, I didn't think that was seven years ago..gettin old haha.

Sounds like I need a replay other than that crappy animated image :lol:

EDIT: Ok, watched a couple of other videos, I take it back, awesome goal. From the animated image it looked like he threw it in front and it deflected in, but it did in fact go over the goalie's glove and straight in.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
EDIT: Ok, watched a couple of other videos, I take it back, awesome goal. From the animated image it looked like he threw it in front and it deflected in, but it did in fact go over the goalie's glove and straight in.
Wouldn't you get burned alive in Pittsburgh for speaking well of Philly? :ugh:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow Pens may have played their worst game of the season tonight... lost 5-0 to the Senators and went 0-7 on the power play :facepalm:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Wow Pens may have played their worst game of the season tonight... lost 5-0 to the Senators and went 0-7 on the power play :facepalm:

Yeah but didn't they just win 12 of 13. Try being a Caps fan, still waiting to see them play one good 60min game. The clowns only had 8 shots in the final 40mins tonight... it's pathetic!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
God damn Pens, 0-5! :flame:

I know they're still down a good deal of men, but ooph

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score

I almost feel bad for Fleury, but then I saw Crosby's sad, frowning face after the 4th goal and I felt better. :fawk:

Tonight's game against Nashville was great. Pissed I couldn't go. (I was supposed to, but family came to visit with only a couple days notice so I had to miss it :( )

Smith is proving to be possibly the best forward for us this year, which is surprising considering we have Krejci, Lucic, Iginla, Eriksson, Bergeron and Marchand on our team :p

Spooner and Soderberg are also playing fantastic. Very happy with our depth. going to be a great team for at least another decade.

Fun fact: We have now gone 6 straight games with a player scoring 2 goals (@EDM: Iginla, @VAN: Smith, CGY: Chara, @BUF: Marchand, BUF: Smith, @NSH: Iginla)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Yeah they just did not play well at all... and they had that issue they seem to get occasionally where their shots were straight into the logo on the goalie's chest :lol:

Pav

???
Reaction score
Yeah but didn't they just win 12 of 13. Try being a Caps fan, still waiting to see them play one good 60min game. The clowns only had 8 shots in the final 40mins tonight... it's pathetic!

Hehe my thoughts exactly. We may have been blown out by the Sens, but a solid winstreak cushions it a little.

Meanwhile you guys still have goaltending issues. :(

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score

Try being an Oilers fan - even the geriatric Canucks fan doing the greeting at the entrance to Walmart called me out when I wore my jacket. Even Dallas Eakins is angry at this point.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Try being an Oilers fan - even the geriatric Canucks fan doing the greeting at the entrance to Walmart called me out when I wore my jacket. Even Dallas Eakins is angry at this point.

So much talent on that team going right down the crapper.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Bernier is having what's got to be his worst game of the season tonight. Just...wow. Against Buffalo no less. He gave one up to Jon Scott, who hasn't scored since 2009!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Bernier is having what's got to be his worst game of the season tonight. Just...wow. Against Buffalo no less. He gave one up to Jon Scott, who hasn't scored since 2009!

He's only let in 2 goals?

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Yeah, it's one of those that looks okay on the scoresheet but is a lot different during the game. A couple of really ugly rebounds, trouble freezing the puck, and a lot of bad positioning during the first - although he wasn't getting any help from defence. The whole team really turned it around though. Going to a shootout now...

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sharks take the win over Phoenix in a shootout!

Burns snagged a goal and an assist, which is nice since he's been kind of in a slump until they played Colorado and got him back on track

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
Seidenberg out for 6-8 mos with torn ACL/MCL, Soderberg with concussion-like symptoms and Svedberg sent back down to Providence. Bad day to be an S-berg I guess. Damnit.

Pav

???
Reaction score
That's very rough...though as a Puck Daddy reader, I'm a little disgusted with the number of Bruins fans calling "karma" on Pascal Dupuis also going down with a torn ACL.

It's hockey, shit happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')