NHL 2013 - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
What happened to Chara tonight? The Bruin D looks really odd without him.

Too bad for Dupuis. I'm no Pens fan but their lineup is taking a unreal beating this year. All that's missing is for the Croz to have a recurrence of concussion-like symptoms and that'd be just about everyone.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pav

???
Reaction score
For the love of god, don't jynx it. If we lose Crosby we'll be right back where we were two years ago, with a top line made of third-liners and half our AHL team called up.

And my phone just dinged to tell me that Chara and Spezza were last-minute scratches due to injuries, but nothing says what or why.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
At the rate you guys are going, Crosby gets injured and I think you are guaranteed the Cup.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
What is happening to my world? 3 straight PPGs for the Isles against the Bruins. WTH

EDIT: Make that 4 PPGs for the Isles to beat us 5-3. Some really bad officiating tonight, as well.

EDIT 2: Well, at least we didnt do as bad as the Sharks are. Letting in 5 goals in 24 minutes.

Last edited:

Pav

???
Reaction score
I completely forgot about the Winter Classic today. Oh well, maybe I'll catch one of the 17 other outdoor games they're putting on this year.

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
It was a pretty cool game - I'm hoping to go to the one in Vancouver in March, although I do think that the NHL could ruin the magic/marketability of outdoor games by doing too many. We'll see if they run to the well too much and it goes dry next year.

Was surprised to see a trade happen during the game, though. Even if it was at the beginning, you'd think they'd either wait or get it done before the game.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
The first period of the outdoor game was horrendously boring because of the consistent snowfall, second half was much better and actually looked like professional hockey.

I'm particularly curious to see how they try to pull of the outdoor game in LA on the 25th :spock:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The Caps are almost unwatchable... They are so bad on the team defense side that it's almost comical. Mike Green can't play and odd man rush to save his life, hell he can barely play and even numbers rush. :noplease:

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
The Oilers are losing again - although I don't know if anyone really expected them to beat San Jose. 9 shots through almost 2 periods...that's ugly. Good thing they're not at Rexall. Don Cherry says Edmonton fans are the best in the league, but the past couple years there's been a LOT more booing during games than I remember there being before.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
The Oilers are losing again - although I don't know if anyone really expected them to beat San Jose. 9 shots through almost 2 periods...that's ugly. Good thing they're not at Rexall. Don Cherry says Edmonton fans are the best in the league, but the past couple years there's been a LOT more booing during games than I remember there being before.

Probably because Edmonton has the second to worst record in the league next to Buffalo, which isn't saying much.

San Jose's a power house of a team and only behind a few truly unstoppable teams (Anaheim, Chicago, St Louis surprisingly, and Pittsburgh [by one point]) and that's without Hertl or Wingels in their line-up at the moment along with three other forwards who were already out

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Probably because Edmonton has the second to worst record in the league next to Buffalo, which isn't saying much.

San Jose's a power house of a team and only behind a few truly unstoppable teams (Anaheim, Chicago, St Louis surprisingly, and Pittsburgh [by one point]) and that's without Hertl or Wingels in their line-up at the moment along with three other forwards who were already out

Oh, I know. It's brutal - I think more people than ever were thinking this would be the turnaround year. There was a point last year fairly late in the season where the Oilers were still in 8th and we were all optimistic. It just hasn't carried over. I am hoping MacTavish will eventually make some kind of drastic deal to improve the defense and shake things up.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Man, Edmonton is apparently doomed for this week since they have a back-to-back with San Jose and Anaheim - aka the #1 and 2 spots in the Western Conference :lol:

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
Edmonton is doomed against anyone these days. I'm just glad Minnesota is out of the division. I've seen the Oilers win exactly once in almost 3 years against the Wild, either at Xcel or Rexall.

There's a few teams that are hitting a make or break kind of stretch right now - Vancouver has a trip through California, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and then ANOTHER trip through California coming up. If that isn't a big determinant of how the season goes, I don't know what is. Especially for a team that's hanging on the edge of the playoff cutoff. I'll be watching the game against Pittsburgh with a lot of interest. Time to dig the Kesler jersey out of the closet!

AdamMaz

Reaction score
There's a few teams that are hitting a make or break kind of stretch right now - Vancouver has a trip through California, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, and then ANOTHER trip through California coming up.
#WesternConferenceProblems ;)

5150time

Now with Vitamin R
Reaction score
And the 8th was waved off on a really questionable goalie interference call. That's an embarrassing game for Toronto for sure. Bad day to be a Leafer!

Don Cherry really went off on van Riemsdyk after the game. Kind of disappointing - I think out of all the Leafs, JVR is probably the guy most exceeding expectations. Then again, someone here mentioned Don Cherry's penchant for talking out his ass.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What is it with Toronto the last few years that they start incredibly strong then go to hell by mid-season :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')