NHL 2016-2017: World Cup of Hockey

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pav

???
Reaction score
Finally! And time for Las Vegas to decide on a damn team name!

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Generally speaking, I am not terribly interested in the World Cup, but I'll probably watch some of it out of sheer hockey deprivation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I am ready, bring forth the hockey... I am interested in seeing who Team NA might surprise. That has to be the fastest team in the tournament.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There was a picture of Price's bags packed on Facebook... but wasn't clear if he was headed to the World Cup or to the doctor... :p

Sorry couldn't resist, I'm done now. Given the injuries the Pens have dealt with in the past I shouldn't even be joking...

AdamMaz

Reaction score
We have until October 13th to make all the jokes we desire, then, the rapture. Your day of reckoning will come shortly after on the 18th :evil:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
So how about that Marchand-Crosby-Bergeron line eh?
When considering the talent on the team, surprising that they are the only line consistently dominating.

How about this goal in an 8-3 thrashing of the junior Penguins by the junior Habs yesterday?? :fawk:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no idea who is even playing for the Pens in that tournament, but that was a ridiculous goal. Shame nobody that plays for the Habs in the NHL yet is that good :rofl:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Shame nobody that plays for the Habs in the NHL yet is that good :rofl:
Galchenyuk. He is even more capable of those flashy moves than Scherbak, but Therrien has been developing him into a more balanced and reliable player, hence why you don't see them that often.

I've seen Scherbak play a couple of times, even once in person. He has the balls to pull big moves like that often, but with varying success. He tends to fall a lot too. He is projected to be a bigger, not quite as skilled Galchenyuk. I'd give him another year of refinement in the minors, then we might see him more regularly in the NHL.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
Team NA made short work of the Finns. Damn does McDavid look good. Hes got this poke check that is so effective at stripping the puck in the neutral zone then goes 0-60 in a blink. Austin Matthews looks really good as well.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah Team NA is looking really impressive... they were just relentless on the attack last night against Finland. I'm looking forward to watching the NA / Russia game tonight.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yeah Team NA is looking really impressive... they were just relentless on the attack last night against Finland. I'm looking forward to watching the NA / Russia game tonight.

I'm not giving Russia much of a chance against them.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
4-1 against the Finns is insane, they always give the seniors a tough time.

Looks like Vegas has reached their limit on season tickets. Did I not say that the tycoons would do this? There is going to be no damn team spirit from the fans. 16000 of the total 17500 seats.

RustInPeace

Reaction score
What a game last night NA vs Russia. I had to stop watching to put the kids to bed during the beginning of the second period, and Russia looked completely deflated at that point. Come back to a 4-3 lead and one hell of a 3rd period!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
What a game last night NA vs Russia. I had to stop watching to put the kids to bed during the beginning of the second period, and Russia looked completely deflated at that point. Come back to a 4-3 lead and one hell of a 3rd period!

Yeah, some crazy momentum swings in that game.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
That 1st period was by far the fastest and most exciting offence I've ever watched. I would kill to see Team North America vs Team Canada.

Team USA to be eliminated tonight? :hbang: