NHL 2016-2017: World Cup of Hockey

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I am so damned happy about the Stars off season right now :lol: Nill has taken a bad situation and made it a million times better.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am so damned happy about the Stars off season right now :lol: Nill has taken a bad situation and made it a million times better.

Yeah you guys are looking pretty good right now... not so sure about the Pens picking up Nieme and looking for him to play 30 to 40 games next season. Hope he plays better for them this year than he did last year for the Stars :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

auxioluck

Metal Teddy Bear
Reaction score

Yeah the Stars just stacked the shit out of themselves in literally less than 24 hours. I'm kind of ambivalent about the Stars, but Lehtonen is always underrated and deserves a cup.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Yeah you guys are looking pretty good right now... not so sure about the Pens picking up Nieme and looking for him to play 30 to 40 games next season. Hope he plays better for them this year than he did last year for the Stars :lol:
I hope for your sake they don't play him that much, the Pens definitely won't 3peat if they do :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I hope for your sake they don't play him that much, the Pens definitely won't 3peat if they do :lol:

Yeah I :facepalm:'d hard when I read that. If they seriously plan to play him that much they should have kept Fleury and just played the tandem. I don't think Niemi's play is anywhere near strong enough anymore for the team to be successful doing that.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Carolina Hurricanes have been quietly making moves, would be interesting to see something finally come together there.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
The Capitals have $5,589,893 left and only 16 players signed. :ugh:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Capitals have $5,589,893 left and only 16 players signed. :ugh:

Yeah I sort of lost all respect for the Caps GM after the contracts you guys gave Orpik and Niskanen so this doesn't come as a huge surprise :rofl:

Wondering if the Caps and Pens are both going to finally run short of players that can fill in important roles for no money and be successful.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Congratulations to Connor McDavid. I look forward to watching more of him in the many years to come.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yeah I sort of lost all respect for the Caps GM after the contracts you guys gave Orpik and Niskanen so this doesn't come as a huge surprise :rofl:

Wondering if the Caps and Pens are both going to finally run short of players that can fill in important roles for no money and be successful.

I didn't mind the Niskanen signing. He has been the most consistent defenseman on the team. The Orpik signing was just ugly.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't mind the Niskanen signing. He has been the most consistent defenseman on the team. The Orpik signing was just ugly.

Yeah the Niskanen signing wasn't THAT insane... the Orpik contract I just had no idea what he was thinking.

Latest posts