NHL 2017 - 2018

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I wasn't presenting an argument I was asking a question to try and gain knowledge on a topic I am ignorant of.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wasn't presenting an argument I was asking a question to try and gain knowledge on a topic I am ignorant of.

:yesway:

Reason 6514 for a Habs fan to hate the Pens. Quit hogging them all and trade us!!

:rofl:

I suspect this year is going to be a bit of a mess trying to figure out who is actually going to play center... and the center at wing thing the Pens seem to like to do usually doesn't work out well. Guentzel and ZAR see to be two exceptions.

I don't mind it so much with young guys like those two, but trading for Brassard to have him play wing is just ridiculous... it seems like he really wasn't working out and they are just floundering around trying not to trade him. Hopefully things turn around for him in the coming season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Looks like the Habs are already getting a headstart on sucking next season, Weber out until at least mid-December :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the Habs are already getting a headstart on sucking next season, Weber out until at least mid-December :lol:

Oooooof damn... I actually saw someone arguing the Habs won the Weber / Subban trade... and thought Weber is awesome but he's played what 3 games since the trade :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems like now the question is where is Karlsson going to end up... Ottawa's management doesn't seem very bright so I'm betting they burn the last year of his contract and get very little for him at the deadline :2c:

He's already turned down the extension he was offered...

AdamMaz

Reaction score
One of the crazier rumors I read was Tampa Bay... like under wtf cap are they going to fit him under, especially after the McDonagh extension.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I saw Dallas yesterday and Tampa today... he's apparently said he would be willing to be traded to Tampa but I have no idea how they'd fit him in under the cap since the whole point is to trade for him and sign him to an extension.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Come to think of it, I think he still had another year left on his current contract... next year is when Tampa will have to shed some serious cap to keep him.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Dallas won't trade Heiskanen for him thankfully, I kind of think this is a lot of smoke and mirrors meant to manipulate other teams into flinching.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Actually relieved that one went nowhere since Bergevin is delusional about Pacioretty's value :lol: The Pens need more young talent, not more guys that are overpriced and on the cusp of 30...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Speaking of no cap room for Tampa... Kucherov just signed an 8 year deal

Salary and bonus breakdown. Deal carries a $31.5 million in salary and $44.5 million in signing bonuses.

2019-20: $1M Base + $11M SB
2020-21: $4M Base + $5M SB
2021-22: $3.5M Base + $8.5M SB
2022-23: $4M Base + $5M SB
2023-24: $5M Base + $5M SB
2024-25: $5M Base + $4M SB
2025-26: $5M Base + $3M SB
2026-27: $4M Base + $3M SB

No trade clause for first 4 years