NHL 2018 - 2019

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Its a shame I couldn't watch yesterday's Habs games, seems to have been an interesting win agains't the referee... uhm I mean the Sens lol

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Its a shame I couldn't watch yesterday's Habs games, seems to have been an interesting win agains't the referee... uhm I mean the Sens lol
I'm curious as to what this thread thinks of this play/call? Embellishment? Should the goal have been disallowed??

I only caught the last 10 minutes which were good, but I hear that most of the game was pretty bad defensively.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what this thread thinks of this play/call? Embellishment? Should the goal have been disallowed??

I only caught the last 10 minutes which were good, but I hear that most of the game was pretty bad defensively.

I think it was a bad call. In my opinion, embellishment is for when a player deliberately fall without having a full contact and without trying to finish his play. In this case, he had a guy over him with his stick on the way and he still tried to complete his play (completed the pass) to his teammate.

Ref really had a bad night that game, I was able to catch the denied goal at the first period and the one that was allowed after review, both should had been cancelled.

Anyway, game against the Bruins tonight, I'll try to watch it this time

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
While it sucked that the goal was waived off, he got a one-handed hook in the midsections without much force on it and flew through the air like he was superman... that was a blatant dive. If the hook was going to be called the dive pretty much had to be too :2c:

And Sprong is up to 3 goals in 5 games plus one in a shootout with the Ducks going into tonight's Pens / Ducks game... while the Pens D continues to give up 40 shots plus per game.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no understanding of the Pens. They struggle to beat the Kings in overtime, then go toe to toe with Caps who are currently one of the best teams in the league, down a defenceman for most of the game, and win in regulation despite taking lots of stupid penalties. I do not understand :lol:

Also, despite lots of people bitching and the media seemingly trying to stir controversy, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that fight last night. Sucks that Oleksiak got hurt, but that sometimes happens in fights. There was nothing dirty about any of it. I still find it funny the media is asking about it like Oleksiak started the fight though. Oleksiak hit one of the Caps and Wilson challenged him to fight because he didn't like it. The idea that it had anything to do with a hit last season at this point is ridiculous.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I have no understanding of the Pens. They struggle to beat the Kings in overtime, then go toe to toe with Caps who are currently one of the best teams in the league, down a defenceman for most of the game, and win in regulation despite taking lots of stupid penalties. I do not understand :lol:

Also, despite lots of people bitching and the media seemingly trying to stir controversy, there was absolutely nothing wrong with that fight last night. Sucks that Oleksiak got hurt, but that sometimes happens in fights. There was nothing dirty about any of it. I still find it funny the media is asking about it like Oleksiak started the fight though. Oleksiak hit one of the Caps and Wilson challenged him to fight because he didn't like it. The idea that it had anything to do with a hit last season at this point is ridiculous.

Caps had their chances, two pucks literally died on the goal line and one hit the post. Their PP was 0-5 and has been hot garbage for at least a month now. PK has been a shit show all season, they are bottom 5 and good for a goal against every game. I think this is where they really miss Beagle.

Yeah people keep saying Wilson jumped him, but they Oleksiak threw the first punch and they both dropped their gloves as soon as they made eye contact. Most of the camera angles made that hard to see because they were focused on Wilson coming in after the hit.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
John Klingberg will be back tonight, that 6 weeks felt like an entire season. Hopefully he's ready to hit the ground running, we need his offensive abilities now more than ever.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Caps had their chances, two pucks literally died on the goal line and one hit the post. Their PP was 0-5 and has been hot garbage for at least a month now. PK has been a shit show all season, they are bottom 5 and good for a goal against every game. I think this is where they really miss Beagle.

Yeah people keep saying Wilson jumped him, but they Oleksiak threw the first punch and they both dropped their gloves as soon as they made eye contact. Most of the camera angles made that hard to see because they were focused on Wilson coming in after the hit.

Yeah I could maybe see an argument for an instigator penalty for Wilson since he came across the ice to start the fight, but even that is stretching it.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yeah I could maybe see an argument for an instigator penalty for Wilson since he came across the ice to start the fight, but even that is stretching it.

Maybe, they were gonna fight at some point though.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Was an atrocious game all the way through. Really not sold on Montgomery being the right coach... Definitely done with Jim Nill.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You know, it is really weird as I feel like the Pens are still struggling... but then just looked and they are 7-2-1 in their last 10 :nuts:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Quality of play vs results

Yeah I think some if it is that they're giving up 40+ shots a game and the goalies are bailing them out 99% of the time right now. That and the Crosby line is really carrying the team right now. I'd have to look to confirm but I believe all of the goals in the last 3 games have been either that line or the power play.

Granted it was Carolina and last night didn't feel like a struggle but Murray had a shutout on 39 shots and all 3 goals were from the top line.