NHL 2018 - 2019

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Love World Juniors, usually really good games. There always tends to be a team that just can’t compete though. Actually, kind of the case in any International Tournament.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else is eyeballing their top prospects at this World Juniors tournament? Any names I could keep an eye for? Comtois is looking like sure thing for Anaheim, maybe as soon as next season.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
That's one of the best parts of watching. Was curious to see how Hughes does with all the hype surrounding him.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Sweden up 4-0 on USA in the 3rd, USA storms back riding a hat trick by Poehling, only to lose in OT. Poehling is projected to crack the Canadiens lineup at training camp next year, to one day be a productive/responsible top-2 center :)

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I have been missing all the games as well, mostly trying to catch up with the NHL's condensed Games on Youtube.

The Islander's goalie absolutely shut the Leafs down. Aside from a real soft 4th goal, I don't even think Sparks played poorly. Made some fantastic saves and got hung out to dry by the Leafs' defense for a couple and just a real bad bounce on another.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Miro Heiskanen got an All Star nod, but he's the only one from Dallas going. IMO Bishop deserves a nod, among goalies with 20+ starts he's got the best sv% (.925) in the West, and 2nd best GAA (2.28). He's lighting it up, even if the Stars offense isn't.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Got some good news this morning. Since I'm a Texas Stars season ticket holder, I'll be able to get priority access to Winter Classic tickets next year before the general public.
I'm still amazed that they pulled off an outdoor rink in California a couple of years ago... I like that the NHL is pushing for this in southern cities like Dallas.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So the Pens put up another impressive win against a non-playoff team. Everybody here is celebrating, but their last six games have been against clubs that are really not doing great this season. Their last win against somebody in a playoff spot was the Caps on 12/19 so I am REALLY curious to see how they do against the Jets tomorrow night...

JSanta

Reaction score
Skinner's first goal as he was falling to the ice was a thing of absolute beauty. Great to finally see the Sabre's beat Florida.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Feels like it was just yesterday I was enjoying the Pens near rock bottom of the standings :erk:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Feels like it was just yesterday I was enjoying the Pens near rock bottom of the standings :erk:

:rofl:

Look on the bright side, the Habs are in a playoff spot and getting guys back IIRC :)

I am a bit shocked, as I was expecting the Jets game to be more of a challenge but they are looking really solid. Also Murray's level of play makes me wonder if he was actually injured in the preseason and just tried to play through it as the season went on as he has been ridiculous since coming back from IR. I think his save percentage is something like .967 since he came back.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Andersen is on IR and Sparks is undergoing concussion protocol. The goalie we just picked up to help the Marlies make deep playoff runs, as he just barely treads water in the NHL, is now the Leafs' starter for an indeterminate amount of time.

But, maybe we'll get some sort of Tim Thomas' esque Cinderella story and Hutchinson will magically become dominate and take the starter spot from Andersen. ;)

JSanta

Reaction score
Andersen is on IR and Sparks is undergoing concussion protocol. The goalie we just picked up to help the Marlies make deep playoff runs, as he just barely treads water in the NHL, is now the Leafs' starter for an indeterminate amount of time.

But, maybe we'll get some sort of Tim Thomas' esque Cinderella story and Hutchinson will magically become dominate and take the starter spot from Andersen. ;)

The Leafs played fantastically yesterday - and they looked like a team that was firing on all cylinders. Wish I could say the same about the Sabres playing last night...

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Missed the game, but a 5-0 win is *real* hard to complain about.

Sabres seem to be having a bit of a rough go recently? (This question based entirely off the Bruins overtaking them in the standing that shows up on the, "You Might Be Interested In This," Google screen on my phone.")

JSanta

Reaction score
Missed the game, but a 5-0 win is *real* hard to complain about.

Sabres seem to be having a bit of a rough go recently? (This question based entirely off the Bruins overtaking them in the standing that shows up on the, "You Might Be Interested In This," Google screen on my phone.")

My feelings on that game where that the Sabre's simply didn't show up to play. It looked like they had taken a day off on the ice, which is a terrible sign of things to come. They are in a position to make the playoffs, but not with the team that showed up on Saturday night. Regardless of whether Eichel is in or out of the lineup, there is enough talent on the team to still make plays and put pucks in the net. We'll see how they play against NJ tomorrow night, for me, that will be really telling about what the rest of the season will look like.

Signed,

A life long Sabre's fan that has been perpetually disappointed, but never lost hope

Latest posts