NHL 2018 - 2019

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Expecting to see a trade announced any time now, Brassard is a healthy scratch tonight and Blueger is in from the AHL.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheDivineWing22

You've got the touch
Reaction score
Penguins are 1-8-1 against last place teams including a loss to NJ the other night.

Go out and beat Tampa Bay...I just cant figure this team out.

Ottawa is currently in last place so I expect a loss tomorrow night.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Penguins are 1-8-1 against last place teams including a loss to NJ the other night.

Go out and beat Tampa Bay...I just cant figure this team out.

Ottawa is currently in last place so I expect a loss tomorrow night.

You and me both... also I was wrong, Brassard wasn't a healthy scratch he apparently has an upper body injury. He wasn't at practice yesterday either.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
So, so glad Dallas didn't trade for Brassard.

:rofl: the problem is the guy is not a third line center...

Interesting trade for the Pens. Given Brassard and Sheahan were both underwhelming I like it except for the 2nd round pick... but since Brassard and Sheahan are both UFAs and Bjugstad and Mccann both have term left something had to be tossed back I guess. I'll take younger and bigger on the bottom six.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
:rofl: the problem is the guy is not a third line center...

Interesting trade for the Pens. Given Brassard and Sheahan were both underwhelming I like it except for the 2nd round pick... but since Brassard and Sheahan are both UFAs and Bjugstad and Mccann both have term left something had to be tossed back I guess. I'll take younger and bigger on the bottom six.
I guess Pittsburgh needed that 4th round pick back from Dallas to do the deal :lol: Oleksiak played the least minutes of all our d-men in his first game back, so not much has changed :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I guess Pittsburgh needed that 4th round pick back from Dallas to do the deal :lol: Oleksiak played the least minutes of all our d-men in his first game back, so not much has changed :lol:

Yeah and with Schultz practicing again they are really overloaded on D. Oleksiak saved them some cap space, and Riikola really squeezed him out. As it is they still have 8 NHL D once Schultz is back.

I'll be curiouse to see how this shakes out for the Pens.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Yeah and with Schultz practicing again they are really overloaded on D. Oleksiak saved them some cap space, and Riikola really squeezed him out. As it is they still have 8 NHL D once Schultz is back.

I'll be curiouse to see how this shakes out for the Pens.

Dallas has 8D right now as well (and have Methot on LTIR and Johns on IR), and it's ridiculous.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Going into the final stretch of the regular season, I have no bold predictions. I feel as though the playoff-bound teams in the East won't shift much other than 1st round matchups. The wild cards in the West are there for the taking.

My only hope is a playoff matchup between the Habs and Toronto... looooooooong overdue :pray:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow so Malkin is out and Bjugstad and Mccann are both playing after arriving to the arena 10 minutes before faceoff :lol: Needless to say even though it is Ottawa my hopes are not high for this game :lol:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I try to avoid discussing Habs micro-happenings, but I thought it was worth pointing out that starting tonight, the Habs next 4 games are against: Jets, Leafs, Preds, and Lightning :holy:

Latest posts