NHL 2018 - 2019

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Damn the Metro is tight. I can’t remember needing 100pts to clinch a playoff birth, but that’s what it took the Caps and they could still lose the division.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Damn the Metro is tight. I can’t remember needing 100pts to clinch a playoff birth, but that’s what it took the Caps and they could still lose the division.

Yeah it is insane... guess it shows the cap is working to help keep things interesting though :lol:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I still have mixed feelings about the playoff format being divisional, rather than the traditional 1/8 2/7 3/6 4/5... gets to be dull and predicatble seeing the same teams play each other every year.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I still have mixed feelings about the playoff format being divisional, rather than the traditional 1/8 2/7 3/6 4/5... gets to be dull and predicatble seeing the same teams play each other every year.

I hate the new format, it devalues the regular season standings. If you win the conference your reward shouldn’t be playing a top team in 2nd round.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah not a fan either... I also miss the reseeding where your following round was impacted by how you actually played. Apparently NBC loves it though so the current format isn't going anywhere.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Satisfying beat down of TB last night. Caps have owned them 5v5, but there special teams have made up for that in the previous two games. Been fun games to watch though. Crazy stats with Ovi scoring 50 again.

Number of career fifty goal seasons for Alex Ovechkin? Eight. Number of career fifty goal seasons for literally every other player currently in the NHL? Seven (Ilya Kovalchuk twice, Steven Stamkos twice, Sidney Crosby once, Evgeni Malkin once, Corey Perry once).

Going into the last game against Carolina. First 540 regular-season games: 328 goals
Second 540 regular-season games: 328 goals.

That’s crazy consistentcy in scoring.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Number of career fifty goal seasons for Alex Ovechkin? Eight. Number of career fifty goal seasons for literally every other player currently in the NHL? Seven (Ilya Kovalchuk twice, Steven Stamkos twice, Sidney Crosby once, Evgeni Malkin once, Corey Perry once).
Now THAT is a crazy stat!

Thank you Pittsburgh for beating Carolina :cheers:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Leafs clinched last night, as well as giving Tavares a win over the Islanders finally.

Which is about the only bright spot in a long streak of playing like shit.

Last edited:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Carolina currently has a 2-0 lead.

Both of their goals have been scored from *behind* the goal line.

By banking the puck in off of Sparks' legs.

To be fair to Sparks, he did make a pretty awesome save that lead to the second goal...

At this point I'm expecting a real quick series against the Bruins.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
:partyhat:
Very much in the image of Saturday vs the Jets, a convincing 60 minutes over TB. Lost the key wildcard games in head-to-head with Carolina and CBJ, but seemingly winning everything else. CBJ finally lost a game too... there is hope!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All I can say about last night is :facepalm:

I've said it before and I'll say it again the coaching staff needs to tell Jack Johnson to play defense and let Schultz jump into the play. Johnson literally never accomplishes anything in the offensive zone and has neutralized the Pens best offensive defenseman after Letang since Schultz always has to drop back and cover while Johnson skates around in circles and fails to finish on chances.

Also, Pens fans crack me up talking like last night should have been a cake walk. Detroit has now won 6 in a row and beat Boston, Vegas, San Jose, and the Islanders recently. These were not going to be 2 easy games, especially with Malkin, Letang, and Dumoulin out.

Vostre Roy

Disciple of Djod
Reaction score
Ryan Poehling. Ryan fucking Poehling. Wow!

3 goals AND the shoutout winning goal. At his first game. You go kid ahah

Crazy game to end a crazy season. Sucks that they are missing the playoffs, would have been interesting to say the least.

But yeah, Ryan Poehling. Peace out!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Crazy end to season, almost had a Caps Vs Pens series in first round. Going to be some good series to watch though.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Ryan Poehling. Ryan fucking Poehling. Wow!

3 goals AND the shoutout winning goal. At his first game. You go kid ahah

Crazy game to end a crazy season. Sucks that they are missing the playoffs, would have been interesting to say the least.

But yeah, Ryan Poehling. Peace out!
Auston Matthews who? :coffee::cond:

I've been anticipating Poehling for quite some time and despite being very sad that the final game meant nothing, I was ecstatic that we were finally going to get to see him play his first NHL game this season. Unfortunately I fell asleep at 2nd intermission, despite it being an exciting game. Sad that I missed his late-game-tying hat trick goal and shootout winner... a perfect ending to season that gave a lot of hope for the future.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
As announced by none other than Bob Cole:

Now you guys can go off and do your playoff thing or whatever :fawk::rant:

Last edited:

AxeHappy

Reaction score
One of two players with 4 goals in his first game. And his season is over. And Matthews *lost* his game. Oh Canadian Hockey Teams.

Honestly the way The Leafs been playing I'm calling Boston in 4. They've been just utter dogshit recently. I'd love to be wrong though.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have no clue how the playoffs will pan out for the Pens... I have never seen a team that I feel they could either get swept in the first round OR win the Cup, with either outcome being equally possible :lol: