NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
I wonder if the combination of the All-Star break and going against VGS for their (potential) 17th win might take a bit of the wind out of their sails.

Ah, I hate it when I'm right. Still, phenomenal run and a great bit of hockey history to see first hand.

New streak starts Friday 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
In what could be considered a potential Stanley Cup Final matchup, looks like Boston beat Vancouver 4-0 :noplease:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
...and lose the following day to the Wild 🫢

With a little help :lol: The horn sounding twice for no reason stopping a power play and the game winning goal looking like it was out of play before the Wild scored make me a little bitter about that game... It was questionable but the angle the broadcast showed you could see the puck changed direction with nothing to hit but the netting.

Not that it actually matters, I don't think they're consistent enough to do much of anything this season unless something changes.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
426739679_897116322082460_6240086700586428694_n.jpg

Slafkovsky has really broken out the last couple of weeks and has started not only looking like a 1st overall draft pick, but making the top line as a whole look like a real top line for years to come.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ugh hearing Guentzel has a broken wrist... stick a fork in, that bird is done

EDIT: added bonus, Bedard is apparently back for the Blackhawks against the Pens

EDIT: so apparently the Pens are still good enough to beat bad teams :lol:

Last edited:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not surprised, his face has been on a milk carton all season. This teams is so bad, they just need to sell hard at the deadline. I haven’t seen them this bad since the season prior to the 2004 lockout when they fired Bruce Cassidy. Except, somehow they are even less entertaining. I actually read today that tv viewership is down 44% this year, the biggest drop in the league. It’s painful to watch.
To be fair, some of the that is the network change and it just not being as available, but they are pretty awful. Announcing they were moving out of DC didn't really help the loyalty of the fans, either.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the Puljujarvi experiment is over, he was not playing as part of a line at practice today... and former Cap Phillips was on the 3rd line. Be interesting to see if the change of scenery helps Phillips as he was on fire in the AHL last year.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
stars goalie, oettinger has looked really good since coming back from his injury and had a 7 game winnning streak until todays loss to the oilers.

since the allstar break, i decided to watch all the sharks (my 2nd fav team) games and boy have they had a rough season to say the least. anyone else follow them?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like the Puljujarvi experiment is over, he was not playing as part of a line at practice today... and former Cap Phillips was on the 3rd line. Be interesting to see if the change of scenery helps Phillips as he was on fire in the AHL last year.

Ok I lied, Puljujarvi is on the third line left wing with Phillips on the right. Not sure why he wasn't on the line in practice.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
"I would like to thank my girlfriend Dominika… she's too young to remember that I played for the Penguins… but I told her all the stories, don't worry!" Jagr said.

Absolute legend.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"I would like to thank my girlfriend Dominika… she's too young to remember that I played for the Penguins… but I told her all the stories, don't worry!" Jagr said.

Absolute legend.

You've got to love Jagr... I'm actually impressed he has a steady girlfriend now, and he's apparently been with her for a while.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
You've got to love Jagr... I'm actually impressed he has a steady girlfriend now, and he's apparently been with her for a while.

How can you not love Jagr? I mean, Gretzky is the great one and we love him and all that, but Jagr is just cool. One of my favorite players ever.

Matthews is at 49G in 53GP 🤯

Yeah, he's going nuclear a little bit. I reckon if Ovi can't make it to the goal record, Matthews is a good bet. If Ovi does make it, he might just snipe it from him, even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')