NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
How can you not love Jagr? I mean, Gretzky is the great one and we love him and all that, but Jagr is just cool. One of my favorite players ever.

Yeah, he's going nuclear a little bit. I reckon if Ovi can't make it to the goal record, Matthews is a good bet. If Ovi does make it, he might just snipe it from him, even.
Possible he could get there one day, but will he remain consistent enough? Hard to believe he has 8 seasons (not including this year and only a single 50+ goal year). He is a such a streaky scorer too (though pure goal scores tend to be that way). Like this year he has 6 hatties. Remove that from his totals and he has 31 goals in 47 games. But it’s crazy that he has 18 goals in the remaining 6 games. When he scores, it’s 2-3 a game.

I guess that is always what I’ve been amazed with Ovi though, the consistency in scoring. I think he has had tops a few seasons with 3 hatties. He has scored (until this year anyway) consistently throughout the season over a 19 year career. He had that one big 65 year season when he was younger, but never had any other huge goal scoring years. Everyone kind of thought he would maybe put in a few 70 goals season, just never happened.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Matthew’s at. 51 now. Crazy, probably going to see one of the top goal scoring seasons in history from him this year.

Nice to see Ovi scoring again too. 8 in first 43 and now 8 in last 8. I think some of that was injury he was playing through, but wow is that team abysmal offensively. That lack of talent around him has no doubt caused some of the drought.

Good write up on the Ovi/Matthews topic, very different ways they score. Matthews so far is trending towards front loading his totals in his younger years (the way most big scorers do). Being a the peak age for goal scorers, it’s going to be interesting to see how he fairs in the next 5 years. He has not exactly been durable, only played one season with 82 games (rookie year).

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Another big fight today, just over 2 minutes into the game, the legend of Rempe continues. I imagine it must still have more career penalty minutes than career TOI at this point :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that's not good... Rust did not travel with the team to Vancouver. So he and Guentzel are both out long term

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
So Stankoven is good. And he's still going to be Calder eligible next season, most games he can play this season is 24.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
So Stankoven is good. And he's still going to be Calder eligible next season, most games he can play this season is 24.
I remember hearing that name a lot and for all the right reasons at the World Juniors :yesway:

And holy hell they actually beat the Canucks without Guentzel and Rust
Puljujarvi :bowdown:

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Waived as soon as he was cleared to play again. Nobody is claiming him and his $7.8m cap hit and I don’t see him reporting to Hershey. Looks like it’s off to the KHL for the bird man.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
techno, where does this one land on the scale of Penguins embarrassing plays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')