NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Arizona up 5-0 on Caps after 1st… 5 goals on 10 shots, Keumper let the 3 in on 4 shots. The absolute most embarrassing period of hockey I have witnessed since the memorable 12 goal stomping the Sens handed them in the early 2000’s. A showing more embarrassing than Mullet Arena itself.
If its any consolation, Arizona was on a 4 game win streak that includes VGK, Lightning and Avs. I wonder if they can carry that momentum to Saturday night vs the Bruins...

Anderson just made the scoring race vs Jarry interesting with his 1st (empty netter) of the year!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
If its any consolation, Arizona was on a 4 game win streak that includes VGK, Lightning and Avs. I wonder if they can carry that momentum to Saturday night vs the Bruins...

Anderson just made the scoring race vs Jarry interesting with his 1st (empty netter) of the year!

Now 6-0 (6 on 14 shots). The last one was the ever elusive 2-0 SHG goal.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't even know what to say about the Pens anymore. Inconsistent play, sloppy mistakes, complete failure to have a net front presence in any meaningful way, it's ridiculous. What's worse is they've shown that when they actually focus they can beat the better teams in the league.

The lack of net front is so bad that they've even made Karlsson ineffective offensively :facepalm:

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I don't even know what to say about the Pens anymore. Inconsistent play, sloppy mistakes, complete failure to have a net front presence in any meaningful way, it's ridiculous. What's worse is they've shown that when they actually focus they can beat the better teams in the league.

The lack of net front is so bad that they've even made Karlsson ineffective offensively :facepalm:
Dallas went from beating Tampa 8-1 Saturday to being getting shut out by Tampa 4-0 on Monday. Dallas has been ridiculously inconsistent, despite their record. They've been awful a lot of the time against the best teams too. Don't know what their problem is but they gotta figure it out soon.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dallas went from beating Tampa 8-1 Saturday to being getting shut out by Tampa 4-0 on Monday. Dallas has been ridiculously inconsistent, despite their record. They've been awful a lot of the time against the best teams too. Don't know what their problem is but they gotta figure it out soon.

I'd take 14-6-3 inconsistent over the Pens 11-10-3 inconsistent any day :lol:

Someday the coaching staff will realize that standing in front of the net and then moving out of the way to the side to hope for a tip in or rebound as soon as it looks like somebody might shoot doesn't work. They need to take the goalie's eyes for the shot THEN worry about follow up opportunities.

But hey analytics show they're generating lots of chances so let's keep doing the same thing because sooner or later they HAVE to go in, right?

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Just over a quarter into the season and it looks as though the Pacific division playoff picture is already settled :ugh:

nhlpacific.PNG

AxeHappy

Reaction score
Been a wild season all around. Leafs have (as of tonight) the same amount of regulation wins as the Sharks and yet are ahead of Tampa.

The Hurricanes are in Wild Card spot 2.

The way things are going I could see Edmonton going on an insane tear and Vancouver just shitting the bed. Who knows.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Aaaaaand Jesse Puljujarvi is now a Penguin (on a tryout)
I got real tired of seeing his name in the trade rumor mills, seems like he's got the whole package and just hasn't been able to put it together. Good luck.

P.Kane scored in his first game back, clean shot from the circle and assisted by DeBrincat. Scary moment for Larkin, motionless on the ice after a crosscheck to the head, glad to see he was able to eventually get up.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got real tired of seeing his name in the trade rumor mills, seems like he's got the whole package and just hasn't been able to put it together. Good luck.

P.Kane scored in his first game back, clean shot from the circle and assisted by DeBrincat. Scary moment for Larkin, motionless on the ice after a crosscheck to the head, glad to see he was able to eventually get up.

Yeah curious to see if he does anything

That Larkin deal was definitely scary, hopefully he's ok long term.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
Beautiful poke check, even better crash into the boards :lol:

JD, whats the deal with the Caps relocating? I heard no rumors, no nothing, and out of the blue its practically official??

Status
Not open for further replies.
')