NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What the hell has happened to Ryan Graves? He was great for Jersey last year but has been terrible since coming to the Pens. He figured in on 3 of the 4 caps goals last night (including scoring one of them on Jarry himself :facepalm:)

AdamMaz

Reaction score
(NYR vs VAN) + (BOS vs COL) tonight is 4 of the top 5 teams in the league, playing against each other. That must be some sort of hockey eclipse.

Today has proved that you can change the GM, but you can't change the crazy in Toronto :nuts:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I always love when guys the Pens completely misused and traded for a bag of pucks come back after excelling... McCann had 40 goals last year and has 16 (one more than Malkin currently) for the Kraken this year.

EDIT: mark the date, the Pens actually played a full 60 minute game for what may have been the first time this season :lol:

Last edited:

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Besides hitting a new personal best for a winter cold snap (- 61°C!), EDM has just set a new franchise record with a 10 game winning streak. Unbelievable stuff to see, considering how bleak the first half of the season looked.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The whole Merzlikins thing is kind of funny.. guy was terrible last year, not much better this year at .906 / 3.22, and has 2 more years at $5.4 million a year but wants a trade because he wants to be a starter. His one season as a starter he was ok at best. Who exactly is going to bite on that?

Granted he was amazing with a backup workload his rookie season, but that isn't something to gamble on.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Columbus isn't exactly a defensive stalwart though. I don't know, feel like only time I've watched him is when Dallas lights him up, but still. Columbus is straight up a dumpster fire. This shows he's actually performing better than Oettinger given his workload:

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I imagine this goal has been in Elysian's nightmares for a couple of nights now...

Backhander of the year?

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man I am so glad I only watched the first period of that Pens / Coyotes game last night. Just watched the recap and it was a new low. I love Malkin but that was one of the worst games I've seen him play.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, we lost to both SJ and OTT in the past week and few days :facepalm:

Playing OTT again tonight, but with Xhekaj called back up.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Gentlemen, I am here to jinx things. On that note:

421808406_683059154026634_368410331248774036_n.jpg

What a wild ride. A friend and I went to the Seattle game at Roger's Arena last Thursday and the atmosphere was electric. No matter how much longer their streak goes or doesn't go, this has been a great bit of fun to witness.

AdamMaz

Reaction score
These didn't age well 😉

Edmonton is currently imploding. [...]

I don't think they can really dig themselves out at this point. Their upcoming game against San Jose is going to be a make-or-break moment, I think.

There's been some ridiculous ups and downs in Edmonton, boys. [...]

I'll see you guys after the post-season 🥲

A lot has changed in two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')