NHL 2023-2024

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Yep. Debate is down to it being painkillers or coke. Given who he apparently hangs out with in Denver, coke is the leader at the turn.

Honestly, I think Bednar needs to go. The man cannot come up with a way to beat a trap team.
Well Kuzy and Nichushkin are both from Chelyabinsk… and we know at least one loves the cocaine. Both scoring in the playoffs, maybe there was a surprise delivery.

Last edited:

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
Yep. Debate is down to it being painkillers or coke. Given who he apparently hangs out with in Denver, coke is the leader at the turn.

Honestly, I think Bednar needs to go. The man cannot come up with a way to beat a trap team.
Dallas isn't really a trap team though, not like they were under Rick Bowness.

Dallas is just the better, deeper team. They play a high tempo game, can shut down the neutral zone when necessary, but that's not the whole game.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
the local sports talk station said last night was all about how the avalanche were wrapped up in the nichushkin drama and how it affected the team & lines.

said he was one of the top scorers and such, but ive not followed him since he left dallas...glad he's gone because he didn't do much while he was here...

AdamMaz

Reaction score
I watched almost 2 periods of the Dallas/Colorado game yesterday and the Avalanche as a whole look very affected by events. I remember seeing the shots at 18-4 at some point in the 2nd and they were just not all that threatening.

I've been making a concerted effort to watch a little bit of all the series and I have on the whole been entertained. The only team I have not been able to watch any of so far this playoffs has been Edmonton, I believe Dallas and Florida are looking like the championship teams this year.

ElysianGuitars

Reaction score
I watched almost 2 periods of the Dallas/Colorado game yesterday and the Avalanche as a whole look very affected by events. I remember seeing the shots at 18-4 at some point in the 2nd and they were just not all that threatening.

I've been making a concerted effort to watch a little bit of all the series and I have on the whole been entertained. The only team I have not been able to watch any of so far this playoffs has been Edmonton, I believe Dallas and Florida are looking like the championship teams this year.
Was definitely a weird game. I think Dallas closes it out tomorrow, but I picked Stars in 6 on another board before the series.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

Florida and Dallas looked the deepest to me for sure. Edmonton has been ridiculous on the PP, almost 50%, but otherwise they look real top heavy with bad goaltending.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dallas isn't really a trap team though, not like they were under Rick Bowness.

Dallas is just the better, deeper team. They play a high tempo game, can shut down the neutral zone when necessary, but that's not the whole game.
Dallas is 100% playing a trap against Colorado, even if they're not "really" a trap team. They are also deeper, as this Avs team basically has 1 - 1/2 scoring lines (especially now that Chu is gone).

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I knew that game was over after the shortie. Makar couldn't have made that easier if he own-goaled it. They were just sleepwalking out there. They need someone to crack some heads internally, and with no Landy...

Florida should dispatch the winner of Rangers/'Canes. I think the Stars might have a hard time with Vancouver, not so much with Edmonton.

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Rumors of Colorado's demise seem to have been exaggerated, especially by their fanbase. :lol:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another day hoping Carolina survives :lol:

I'll also say between the hit on Marchand and Trouba getting a leadership award the NHL just looks like a beer league with no standards or accountability. And you all know what a huge Boston / Marchand fan I am...

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I'll also say between the hit on Marchand and Trouba getting a leadership award the NHL just looks like a beer league with no standards or accountability. And you all know what a huge Boston / Marchand fan I am...
Maybe Marchand will get licked again?

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

Lead with your elbow award haha.

Attachments

• IMG_1470.jpeg
    IMG_1470.jpeg
    722.4 KB · Views: 12

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Absolute awful 3rd period collapse by the Canes. They hit 2 post and had multiple other chances in the 3rd only to blow a 3-1 lead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')