Nicholas Llerandi (Ever Forthright) demos the Benedetto S-6 Jazz Guitar Pickup

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bey0ndreaz0n

Reaction score
I had no idea he could do this, i think i love every note he's played thanks for posting!

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
After watching this video I immediately wanted one of those pickups :) & that is the sign of a good demo & an amazing player

Hybrid138

Reaction score
The use of the Ever Forthright music in the video editing was awesome! :p

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score
Those pickups sound mind blowingly full and warm O_O Would really be interested in hearing these things in person, that Godin seemed like a great match to them, would be interesting to hear the results out of a solid body or an ES-335 construction style hollow :)

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
This demo is amazing! I saw it the other day on facebook. This is somewhat tangential to the discussion, but would anyone point me toward some jazz musicians with sounds similar to this? John Stowell is similar to this. I need to find a good way to get better at chording melodies...

Indigenous

Indigenous
Reaction score
If you want jazz guitarists with that "out" kind of sound, Jonathan Kreisberg is right along the same vein as him. He has really interesting chord-melody as well.

svenlk

Reaction score
This demo is amazing! I saw it the other day on facebook. This is somewhat tangential to the discussion, but would anyone point me toward some jazz musicians with sounds similar to this? John Stowell is similar to this. I need to find a good way to get better at chording melodies...
tosin abasi

Malkav

Washing your dishes.
Reaction score

^ Not so much out there, but he uses a Benedetto 7 string - So Same pickup :D

^ Van Eps had a lot to do with the popularisation of 7 strings in jazz, plenty of deep moody chord tones :)

^ Rosenwinkel is cool in that some of his phrases are the more "outside" kinda stuff, not exactly the same as Nick was doing but interesting tonalities :)

lawizeg

Reaction score
Sick, really loved the lines he was playing. Thanks for sharing! Pickup sounds amazing

0 Xero 0

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions! Jonathan Kreisberg is really great! I definitely hear some Rosenwinkel influences in TRAM... all over, haha. The others are great too!

')