Nickleback seven strings?

• Thread starter rgsuperstrat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rgsuperstrat

Just moved to MN
Reaction score
So my wife watched a Nickleback concert on VH1 She told me Chad Kroeger is playing a 7 string explorer!!! I believe it is the song "Animals" ( sorry not much of a Nickleback guy). First off, I didnt know he played a seven, second, how do you get a 7 string Gibson Explorer? When she told me, I didnt believe her. So after many different dvr pauses, I counted 7 pegs on the head. Unless I smoked my dinner!! Funny thing is, thats how she figured it out without the pause feature. Im kinda proud of her for it!! Shes looking out for these real guitarists!:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rgsuperstrat

Just moved to MN
Reaction score
heeeyaaaaaaa

Attachments

• 0906220144031516061_674639_v1.jpg
    0906220144031516061_674639_v1.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 435

rgsuperstrat

Just moved to MN
Reaction score
And just for the record, this pic is the only reason I am in the dark at my computer all alone at 2 am surfing pics of Chad Kroeger. All the other ones I clicked on were, um, not the right ones.........

wannabguitarist

Contributor
Reaction score
My brother was listening to some newer Nickleback song yesterday and I said "that's pretty cool" and he was like "yea it's Nickleback" :ugh:

I'd love to have that guitar though

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I like Jason Ellis's take on this. "Nickelback doesn't deserve to exist, and I wanna kick them all in the throat, just because they do."

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
I say good for them. Bout time some mainstream acts besides Korn start using 7's.

*yes, I consider Korn "mainstream", comparing them to all other bands that use 7's.

Slayer89

The Demon Barber
Reaction score
Cool stuff. I'll admit, I've been a Nickelback for about 8 years or so. The last two albums weren't near my favorites, but I do still enjoy their stuff. I believe Matt Heafy of Trivium was playing a 7 string Explorer when I saw them at Mayhem, too,

Ostia Man

Contributor
Reaction score
yep, I also say the explorer. and it had a gibson logo on the headstock so I dont think its a epi.
and..... thats why Im googling nickleback too... :ugh:

Shaman

Reaction score
Even though chad says it's a 7 string epiphone?:lol:

He's not talking about the Explorer in the interview, but V's.

Quote:

Chad have you got any Gibson Flying Vs?

"Yes I own a couple, the same as Ryans, plus a 7 string Epi"

So as you see, they asked him if he has any V's, and he replies that he does and even has a 7 string Epi V.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
As bland as their singles tend to be, I saw them live once as an opening act and they did in fact kick a lot of ass, I was really surprised. I looked them up after that and they do have some pretty good and/or heavy songs.

The drummer is pretty good and Chad's not a half-bad singer either. In short, nothing I listen to but I don't slag them off either.

hide

Psyche scarring
Reaction score
Despite the catchy EmptyV tunes, they indeed have a kickass sound live. I was surprised too, I appreciate them so much more after seeing them live and performing their less known tracks.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
oh no, popular band using 7-string guitar!

:rolleyes: nickelback is fine. they write some catchy stuff, and now they write some catchy stuff with 7's - that's fine with me.

If you have a problem with another band using a 7, letalone a Gibson 7-string (that brings us to what.. 2?), then you should re-think your priorities lol.

I think chad using a 7 is cool. I like how he put it in an interview: "Whenever people say stuff like "oh yeah nickelback sucks!" we can't help but laugh. If we sucked, we wouldn't sell out arena's and sell as many albums, would we? Those are all people who think that nickelback doesn't suck, they think we're actually pretty good!" - hard to argue with numbers, especially if you a) only play at home or b) your band doesn't have much of a following. I understand why people dont like nickelback, but they're making a living making music which is more than most of us forumites can say.

Back to your regularly scheduled posting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')