Nickleback seven strings?

• Thread starter rgsuperstrat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I admit that I like Nickelback's The State and Silver Side Up albums. They're good rock albums with very good riffs and well-written songs. After that I stopped caring because the ballads became common place and all sound the same to me. But songs like "Where do I Hide" and "Too Bad" are awesome in my book, I respect these guys... :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Triple-J

the Experimetalist
Reaction score
the rain soaked post industrial wasteland known as
It's cool that they are using 7's and even though I don't like them they do have a few good tunes and riffs, I view them as this generation's version of Bon Jovi tbh although here in the UK Nickelback are the only rock band that gets regular airplay on radio which makes me very sad. :noplease:

Ckackley

Reaction score
I had never even heard of Nickelback years ago when I went to the Rolling Rock Town Fair in Penn. I think I had heard that first big hit they had on the radio a few times. After seeing them live I bought some albums. They sounded GOOD. Metal? Nope.. Super amazing guitar stunts ? Nope.. Solid bunch of guys having fun and playing TIGHT live sets . Yup . :hbang:
Only one of two bands that won me over with a live set. Slipknot being the other. Besides , it's guitar music I can listen to in the car when my wife is with me .. :lol:

Mattmc74

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm not going to hate on them at all. The music they play is the stuff they like(and so do others) so if they like it it's cool to me. If you don't like their music don't listen to it. And for the fact that he has a 7, well good for him.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had never even heard of Nickelback years ago when I went to the Rolling Rock Town Fair in Penn. I think I had heard that first big hit they had on the radio a few times. After seeing them live I bought some albums. They sounded GOOD. Metal? Nope.. Super amazing guitar stunts ? Nope.. Solid bunch of guys having fun and playing TIGHT live sets . Yup . :hbang:
Only one of two bands that won me over with a live set. Slipknot being the other. Besides , it's guitar music I can listen to in the car when my wife is with me .. :lol:

Indeed, there are quite a number of bands that I prefer musically over Nickelback, who aren't as tight live as Nickelback. Chad is also very good at engaging an audience (saw them at Milton Keynes, 70.000 people, he handled it great). So it might not be the most difficult music, but it's better to play easy music well than to play hard music badly.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
oh no, popular band using 7-string guitar!

:rolleyes: nickelback is fine. they write some catchy stuff, and now they write some catchy stuff with 7's - that's fine with me.

If you have a problem with another band using a 7, letalone a Gibson 7-string (that brings us to what.. 2?), then you should re-think your priorities lol.

I think chad using a 7 is cool. I like how he put it in an interview: "Whenever people say stuff like "oh yeah nickelback sucks!" we can't help but laugh. If we sucked, we wouldn't sell out arena's and sell as many albums, would we? Those are all people who think that nickelback doesn't suck, they think we're actually pretty good!" - hard to argue with numbers, especially if you a) only play at home or b) your band doesn't have much of a following. I understand why people dont like nickelback, but they're making a living making music which is more than most of us forumites can say.

Back to your regularly scheduled posting...

I dont think nickleback sucks, i think that they sold out haha. Not necessarily a bad thing, at least their day job involves playing guitar and making music so i say good on them :yesway:

although every song ive heard from them lately has something to do with "how you can better yourself" or "if this was the last....."

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
As bland as their singles tend to be, I saw them live once as an opening act and they did in fact kick a lot of ass, I was really surprised. I looked them up after that and they do have some pretty good and/or heavy songs.

The drummer is pretty good and Chad's not a half-bad singer either. In short, nothing I listen to but I don't slag them off either.

I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation. Nickelback is played on the RADIO. That means they can only be the purest evil.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
immortal--article_image.jpg

nickleblaaaaaaaaaaaack

:noodles:

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
So it might not be the most difficult music, but it's better to play easy music well than to play hard music badly.

Very true.

How sad to see this thread, ostensibly about a mainstream band using 7 strings, turn into yet another band-bash. Perhaps some are happier being elitist about using 7 (or more) string guitars?

:shrug:

I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

And the point of this post is...?

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Nickleback used to be a very good band, but as soon as I heard 'Rockstar', they well and truly took the failboat for a joyride with that one.

As for them using 7s, don't mind as long as they use em well and not just for the sake of it.

Ckackley

Reaction score
Nickelback // BURN IT TO THE GROUND VIDEO // Nickelback.com // ON TOUR NOW

You can clearly see it on there. I'm no Nickleback fan, too tame for me. Surprised that they're using 7 strings though! I almost had some respect for them until I saw Chad looks like Hanson.

After watching that video , my first thought was "If that's selling out where do I sign ? "
7 string guitars, screaming nutzo fans , an arena packed full... Oh , and PYRO .. :hbang: Not to mention - NO day job ... :idea:

st2012

Texas CEO / RHLC
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Nickelback but there are much worse bands out there making a killing on horrible music. If they use 7's then good for them, when mainstream bands start using 7-string guitars maybe that will mean more production 7's for guys like us to choose from. :2c:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')