Nickleback seven strings?

• Thread starter rgsuperstrat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
To misquote Maynard:

T00L said:
All you know about them is what they've sold you,
Dumb fuck.
They sold out long before you ever even heard their name.
They sold their soul to make a record,
Dip shit,
And you bought one.
I've got some
Advice for you, little buddy.
Before you point your finger
You should know that
I'm the man,
If I'm the fuckin' man
Then you're the fuckin' man as well
So you can
Point that fuckin' finger up your ass.

Here's to more seven-strings on the global consciousness :metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
"I wanna be a rock starrrr"

"Yes you do chad kroeger, yes you do."

Honestly I liked *this is how you remind me* from them early on. After that just not my thing, I'm not going to hate on them though it would be as ignorant of me as all the people who hate on anything heavier then soft rock.

Though I cant hear anything about the band without remembering that video of them getting stoned off stage at a show.:lol:

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I liked their sound around the late 90's. Breathe and Leader of Men were pretty original. Hit the brakes when I heard Remind Me, though. Could be worse, they could be Hinder. I lost a cover band audition over them once. The singer told me "we wanna learn Lips of an Angel next". I said "Lips of An Angel? There'll be Lips On MY Butthole before I ever play that song". Hmm, wonder why they never called?

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Nickelback but there are much worse bands out there making a killing on horrible music. If they use 7's then good for them, when mainstream bands start using 7-string guitars maybe that will mean more production 7's for guys like us to choose from. :2c:

Exactly.

Ive got to say it...WHAT THE FUCK IS NICKELBACK DOING WITH A 7 STRING????

Who cares what they use?

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
Say what you will...

I got some free tickets to go see them a few years ago, solid live band, they put on an excellent show. He's got one badass explorer! :yesway:

I don't care WHO is playing, doing that kind of stuff is just fucking stupid.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score
How sad to see this thread, ostensibly about a mainstream band using 7 strings, turn into yet another band-bash. Perhaps some are happier being elitist about using 7 (or more) string guitars?

:agreed:

Although To say i don't care very much for Nickelback would be an understatement :). I can't see how this is a bad thing or should effect anybody in a positive or negative fashion. If a band you dislike is using 7-strings and you feel offended, maybe it's time to stop defining yourself by how many strings you play. Besides, i have yet to have somebody come up to me and say "You play 7-string guitar? I guess you must like Nickelback". Yet :ugh: ;)

leandroab

Stay Negative™
Reaction score
I don't care WHO is playing, doing that kind of stuff is just fucking stupid.

Exactly...

Throwing rocks, glass bottles, and any shit like that is fucking outrageous... They could get seriously hurt...
And even more impressive: why the fuck would you buy tickets, and go to a concert in which you don't even like the band that is playing??? Although I despise Nickelback, they were totally right to just leave that show and wave them the fucking finger!

cpnhowdy

Reaction score
Im actually quite pleased with this. I really dug the Animals song when it came out and played it on my seven.
My friends who are into Nickleback always give me a very hard time about playing sevens so this will give
them a little food for thought. Really curious now about any other songs they used sevens on.

Maybe Im just getting older, but I really dont care about genre much anymore
if the song is good. :shrug:

Agree with Groff above, throwing rocks at any band is fucking lame.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
Hopefully Gibson will make a production of 7 string explorers. from Matt Heafy to Nickleback wanting one.

rgsuperstrat

Just moved to MN
Reaction score
This thread wasnt meant to be a hate fest. I was just fairly floored with the fact that there was a seven being played, because of the combo of the mainstream music, and ergs being somewhat taboo. And I do truly wish I could have an explorer seven. Since my wifey watched this concert, I have actually spent the day looking into their music. Some of the softer stuff isnt my thing, however, the songs are very well written, and they do have meaning. On that note, the "Rockstar" song made me laugh. And the "NEver Again" song made me feel bad for the woman they were singing about. So they do a good job with sending a message. And my god some of the riffs are excellent. So, sorry to start a bash fest thread, as that wasnt my purpose! Let us love, let us rock!

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
A friend my brother knows went to the bar and chad kroger was drunk of his rocker trashing his own band..funny stuff

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Cool to see them using sevens.
It's not really my cup of tea, but the guys are doing what they like and they sound good.

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
I'm not a Nickleback fan myself, but I respect what they do. I think Kat Williams said something along the lines of "If people are hatin', you're doing something right".

Sang-Drax

Reaction score
The more mainstream bands using 7s, the better, IMO. Maybe we'll have more models in the future.

That said, I think Nickelback is an efficient, albeit extremely boring and predictable rock band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')