Nickleback seven strings?

• Thread starter rgsuperstrat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
The more mainstream bands using 7s, the better, IMO. Maybe we'll have more models in the future.

That's pretty much what I was going to say. :yesway: With all the people bitching that there aren't enough options for 7's (and folks who want Explorer 7's etc.), why would you bitch when a huge act starts using them? Might garner the attention of a wide enough base for Gibson or other folks (PRS maybe FINALLY?) to start producing some 7's. Can't see how that is a bad thing.

Also, all the hating going on in this thread is ignorant, the guy started the thread to bring up the fact that another mainstream band is using 7's, not to start yet another lame hatefest. :2c: If you don't like the music, move on to another thread, that's not the intetion of this one. :wavey:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Hardly having anything to do with anything:

I've got a buddy who does music archival work. Basically, labels send him master recordings and he brings them back into PT, converts them to various formats, then sends them back.

At one point, he had a couple of Nickelback albums in at the same time.

Simply as an experiment, he decided to see what the songs looked like if you basically layered them all on top of each other.

Long story short, they fit perfectly, like little cookie cutter/puzzle pieces. You can basically take any Nickelback song and layer it with any other Nickelback song and they'll basically prove to be the same song with different lyrics, sometimes in a different key.

I thought that was funny. I'm probably alone in that, but whatever. :yesway:

*edit* sweet axe though, regardless.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
I don't mind their old stuff. I got bought Silver Side Up when I was about 12 and I kind of like it. It's catchy and it's got some heavier stuff on it too, the later stuff is wack though.

I honestly don't have any opinion about them using 7s.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
That's pretty much what I was going to say. :yesway: With all the people bitching that there aren't enough options for 7's (and folks who want Explorer 7's etc.), why would you bitch when a huge act starts using them? Might garner the attention of a wide enough base for Gibson or other folks (PRS maybe FINALLY?) to start producing some 7's. Can't see how that is a bad thing.

Also, all the hating going on in this thread is ignorant, the guy started the thread to bring up the fact that another mainstream band is using 7's, not to start yet another lame hatefest. :2c: If you don't like the music, move on to another thread, that's not the intetion of this one. :wavey:

i know what you mean, but i think a lot of the "hate" has to do with the perpetuation of preexisting stereotypes about the 7 string. ie - it's for cheesy musicians to play power chords and sound heavier.

i know that's not the point of the thread, but i think it's kind of natural for these feelings to come up. like in a thread about someone making cheap knock-offs of a great product (regardless of what the product is) i'd probably expect to see Ed Roman's name a time or two, ya know?

Nats

Reaction score
i like devin townsend's quote where he bought their record because he loved the production. then he realized every song was about chad's penis. :lol:

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
i know what you mean, but i think a lot of the "hate" has to do with the perpetuation of preexisting stereotypes about the 7 string. ie - it's for cheesy musicians to play power chords and sound heavier.
Haha, it's because 7 string players don't want to be associated with a band they think is shit- Nickleback. Let's be honest here, it isn't about stereotypes at all.

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we want to steer hate away from this thread, we can always bring up the fact that Avril Lavigne's guitarist plays Carvin DC747's almost exclusively nowadays...

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, it's because 7 string players don't want to be associated with a band they think is shit- Nickleback. Let's be honest here, it isn't about stereotypes at all.

That's quite a sweeping generalization you're making there. I'm a 7-string player and I don't think they are "shit" at all. :2c: That's a stereotype you just made yourself, thanks for coming out though.... :rofl:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why is it always the guys with nothing constructive to say that post over and over in these threads :rofl:

Honestly I think it's great that sevens get more main-stream exposure. Let's face it folks, regardless of what you happen to think of them Nickelback has 5 multi-platinum albums (that's every album they've put out except for their first one, Curb)

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
Why is it always the guys with nothing constructive to say that post over and over in these threads :rofl:

Honestly I think it's great that sevens get more main-stream exposure. Let's face it folks, regardless of what you happen to think of them Nickelback has 5 multi-platinum albums (that's every album they've put out except for their first one, Curb)

^^this :agreed:
ya we should all suck this bad:lol: (I wouldn't want 5 platinum cds)
Ya they sold out, they sell out every night all over the world.:lol:

I'm not much of a fan myself, but I think the more Mainstream bands playing 7's the better.
Maybe Gibson will actually put out a production 7 string explorer:yesway:

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score

:agreed: THIS! Unfortunately opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one and feel they need to voice it regardless of the context of the topic. :rolleyes:

Good on Nickleback for playing 7's. :yesway: The more people the better. If mainstream bands continue to use them, companies will continue to make them...... Which benefits everyone on this forum. :idea:

Scali

Banned
Reaction score
Well, let me throw my opinion in then:
I like Gibson, I like Explorers, and I like 7-strings.
If this means a Chad Kroeger signature guitar, I may just have to buy it, even though I have nothing with Nickelback itself.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
i don't really wanna start an argument, but record sales don't make you awesome. look at how many beanie babies TY sold in the 90s...

:deadhrse: Let it go man, that's not the point of this thread yet you've stated the same opinion 4 times now. Just leave it alone and move on please.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
you know at the end of the day, it is a guitar just with more range

notes are notes, just use them wisely

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
To all the complainers. Haven´t you realized how stupid it is to complain that Nickelback plays sevens? I mean, an instrument is available on a music store, a person goes there and buys it. Period. Seven Strings are not an elite thing and if other musicians from other styles wants to play them, more power to them! It´s like bitching that Pink has a guitar player and "what the fuck is pink´s hired gun doing with a GUITAR?!?!?! EWWWW MAHH GAWDS!!!!!". I don´t care if bad bands or good bands are playing sevens, I´ll play whatever I want and I actually think it´s awesome that Chad Kroeger is playing sevens sometimes. FUCKING AWESOME! :hbang:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm not a huge fan of Nickelback's songs or Chad Kroeger's voice, but their records are immaculately produced and engineered. Everything sounds AMAZING on them.

Joeywilson

Banned
Reaction score
To all the complainers. Haven´t you realized how stupid it is to complain that Nickelback plays sevens? I mean, an instrument is available on a music store, a person goes there and buys it. Period. Seven Strings are not an elite thing and if other musicians from other styles wants to play them, more power to them! It´s like bitching that Pink has a guitar player and "what the fuck is pink´s hired gun doing with a GUITAR?!?!?! EWWWW MAHH GAWDS!!!!!". I don´t care if bad bands or good bands are playing sevens, I´ll play whatever I want and I actually think it´s awesome that Chad Kroeger is playing sevens sometimes. FUCKING AWESOME! :hbang:

+1
a lot of the people complaining are basically backing up all the people who think the extended range guitars are for compensation for other, smaller things

caughtinamosh

SS.org-er
Reaction score
Locked? :scratch:

Personally, unless the music is abnormally bad, any new exposure of seven-strings is good exposure. It is a criminally underused instrument, and I like to see it being given a wider listening audience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
')