Nightwish has stupid lyrics

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
Brilliant. I love the dude checking his watch during the instrumental sections.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Funny. With these misheard lyrics, I always have to check what the real lyrics are afterwards ( http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/nightwish/wishmaster.html#6 - yes, Nightwish do have stupid lyrics. The real lyrics are even worse than the misheard ones). I had never heard Nightwish before. I have to say I absolutely hate her voice. Sounds like an opera singer got to be lead singer for a fantasy metal band.

Vegetta

Pixel Farmer
Reaction score
Meh - most powermetal has stupid lyrics

English isnt their first language so its bound to sound a bit korny...

you wanna hear some REAL bad crap go to nightwis' forum and look for thethread where everyone links mp3s of themselves singing (trying to be Tarja's replacement):nuts:

I like nightwish but that song is not one of my favs.....

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Vegetta said:
Meh - most powermetal has stupid lyrics

:agreed: Completely agree. The fantasy "find the mystical sword; free the maiden; defeat the dragon" stuff really gets on my nerves fast. :lol:

DSS3

Banned
Reaction score
These interpretations were funnier when it was just one guy doing good ones... too much copycat shit - the Fall Out Boy one is still the best.

Actually, the In Flames one is really good, too.

"It's in my ass, this guy, so bright it's burning; it's in me."

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Oh man that's hillarious.

Anyway, I'd rather hear about epic adventures, unicorns, and slaying dragons, then about how some guy's girlfriend dumped him and now he hates that bitch.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^Agreed. I like some relief from the real world.

I don't know though...very few Nightwish songs actually follow the usual power metal lyrical formulae...most of them are quite introspective and personal.

Ken

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Saw this on youtube and I was going to post this, but I decided I'd check for a previous post first.
[action=Ken Burtch]offers this same suggestion to others. :)[/action]
I'd never heard that song before, and I was laughing my ass off. :yesway:

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Recently on a music game/comedy show here in australia they featured a Nightwish video in one of their segments; once the segment was over the host came out with the line "Fans of Nightwish furiusly debate whether the band is power metal, symphonic metal, fantasy metal, gothic metal, symphonic gothic metal, power fantasy metal, gothic fantasy metal, or symphonic power metal. In most western CD stores, however, you're most likely to find them in the section of the store labelled 'Bargain Bin'". I laffed.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
DDDorian said:
Recently on a music game/comedy show here in australia they featured a Nightwish video in one of their segments; once the segment was over the host came out with the line "Fans of Nightwish furiusly debate whether the band is power metal, symphonic metal, fantasy metal, gothic metal, symphonic gothic metal, power fantasy metal, gothic fantasy metal, or symphonic power metal. In most western CD stores, however, you're most likely to find them in the section of the store labelled 'Bargain Bin'". I laffed.

Haha! Brilliant! Was that the same guy who did the lounge jazz Cannibal Corpse cover?

Oh yeah, and I couldn't watch that video all the way through, although it was funny for the most part. Dear god does that song suck!

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Desecrated said:
Where can i find that

this very forum! In a thread called "Cannibal Cabaret" which yours truly posted some time ago.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loomer said:
Haha! Brilliant! Was that the same guy who did the lounge jazz Cannibal Corpse cover?

Nah, that guy was part of a political satire group called The Chaser that has had a newspaper, a radio show and a few tv shows, the Nightwish comments were on some music quiz show.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
DDDorian said:
Nah, that guy was part of a political satire group called The Chaser that has had a newspaper, a radio show and a few tv shows, the Nightwish comments were on some music quiz show.

Thanks for the info dude :)

Regarding the Nightwish comment; I can't really decide what I like best.. The "Bargain bin" was cool because of the subtlety in it, but I'd be just as thrilled if he'd gone for the more blunt approach, stuck with the genre labelling and just called it "Crap". Because that's what it is. You can still find good stuff in bargain bins.

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Loomer said:
Thanks for the info dude :)
Regarding the Nightwish comment; I can't really decide what I like best.. The "Bargain bin" was cool because of the subtlety in it, but I'd be just as thrilled if he'd gone for the more blunt approach, stuck with the genre labelling and just called it "Crap". Because that's what it is. You can still find good stuff in bargain bins.

Haha, indeed you can *holds up several dozen Al Di Meola CDs* There was plenty of cheap shots taken during the playing of the video though so it's all good.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
DDDorian said:
Haha, indeed you can *holds up several dozen Al Di Meola CDs* There was plenty of cheap shots taken during the playing of the video though so it's all good.

I know dude :cool: *holds up...Ehrm.. a Semisonic disc, which is actually really good, even though it's the only one I've found in an actual bargain bin.*

Cheap shots are fun!

lachrymose

Lacrimosa dies illa
Reaction score
DDDorian said:

haha, Spicks & Specks..

I quite like Nightwish's poxy lyrics. They aren't so much about dragons as they are about supernatural lust.

If you listen to some of their original songs like Etiäinen, Angels Fall First, or The Forever Moments.. you kind of wonder how they ended up where they are, the Folk/Opera with a dash of 80's synth thing they had going was far superior. They sure knew how to break out a wicked Harpsichord solo.. :lol:

')