Nile riff identical to Creep Show 2

• Thread starter regodus
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

regodus

Reaction score
Watched Creep Show 2 last night and noticed that the chorus in the song "Lashed to the Slave Stick" by Nile is identical to the theme song of Creep Show 2. Just thought this was cool....Nile rules!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Genome

Reaction score
It's pretty widespread nowadays, unfortunately. Veil of Maya ripped off that dude.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Dallas from Nile has stated that this is probably true since he fell asleep watching that, then woke up with the riff in his head.
Karl has also stated similarities with other stuff in his songs, it's subconscious flattery, not plagiarism.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
I'm not hearing it at all... Maybe I'm looking at the wrong vid? Can someone point me in the right direction?

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Ha that's cool. One of our songs there are two riffs, one of which subsequently we realised the rhythm is stolen from the Sex And The City theme, the other from the music behind Tim Vine's *Pen Behind The Ear* routine. You never know how inspiration may strike!

The Beard

Suttbex
Reaction score
I'm trying really hard but I'm not hearing it :scratch:

I maybe hear certain melodies that might be kind of similar but it's a hell of a stretch :shrug:

Remission

Reaction score
Definitely in with the crowd of "I can see it, but it's one hell of a stretch". Basically the key and some of the root notes line up, but that's about it.

Latest posts

')