Nile - Those Whom The Gods Detest

• Thread starter Tyrant
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tyrant

Reaction score
Album has been leaked apparantly. Didnt know untill today. Currently on the second song.

1253627960_kopiya-nile-those-whom-the-gods-detest-2009.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Kafir!
02. Hittite Dung Incantation
03. Utterances of the Crawling Dead
04. Those Whom the Gods Detest
05. 4th Arra of Dagon
06. Permitting the Noble Dead to Descend to the Underworld
07. Yezd Desert Ghul Ritual in the Abandoned Towers of Silence
08. Kem Khefa Kheshef
09. The Eye of Ra
10. Iskander D'hul Karnon
Total Time: 56:36

So far this album is amazing! This is one to buy! :hbang::scream:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

liquidcow

Reaction score
I think I will wait until the proper release, but I have listened to the new track that's on the myspace - 'Permitting the Noble Dead to Descend to the Underworld' - it sounded pretty good. Mostly fairly typical Nile (not a bad thing) with a couple of interesting ideas in there. Unfortunately it does sound like they've retained the kick drum sound from Ithyphallic, which I was not keen on, I was hoping they would go back to the AOTW sound.

Dudley

Reaction score
Been listening to this a hell of a lot over the last few days, it's surprisingly decent and a big step up over the last few records I think.

Reaction score
It's a good album. Like a few others, I was hoping for another AotW. The main thing I was kind of wishing for is that they would go back to the vocal style on the earlier works. Dallas is a capable vocalist, but his vocals aren't quite what I'm used to with Nile. Sanders should do moar of his low craziness.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Holy crap thats the first Nile song I think I've liked :lol: might have to check out the new album!

DiezelMonster

Complainasaurus Rex
Reaction score
Nephren-Ka will always be my favourite! It's funny in all the ads and interviews they always talk about how much more "epic" and "grand" the newer records are, but it never sounds as awesome as Catacombs! they just sound faster, and in fact have less epic songs, but this one sounds pretty awesome! hopefully the rest of the record is not just a speed freak out and it has some dynamics and "Opening of the Mouth" will always be my #1 nile song to crank!

C

Arteriorrhexis

Reaction score
Sounds really good. I wasn't really happy with their last album, so this is cool.

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
Nephren-Ka literally sounded like a bunch of mummies dug out of a catacomb playing death metal. It sounded rustic and authentic, that growl at the end of Stones of Sorrow...inhuman...

The newer albums sound, dare I say, human, polished. I'm not sure it's a production thing because Darkened Shrines had HUGE production and still managed to sound pretty nasty so it's hard to pin down, but they just seem to have lost their va-va-voom lol, although they're still a sick death metal band.

All_¥our_Bass

Deathly Chuuni
Reaction score
Have they gone back to having more of the exotic instrument parts?

I really missed that on AoTW and Ityphalic.

liamh

Geek-chic
Reaction score
Bloody crap, that artwork is nice.
I'm waiting 'till this comes out to buy it.

Latest posts

')