Nile, wtf?

• Thread starter Dores
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dores

Reaction score
So I'm guessing some of you have heard the new Nile song?

Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceased' (PREMIERE) - Noisecreep

Personally I had great expectations for this, thinking it would be even more epic than their last two albums. I was wrong.
- The song has no structure
- The vocals sound like someone puking and generally being ill
- The whole just feels pointless, it goes nowhere
- The mix is absolutely abysmal. What the hell?!

What do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Sounds fine to me, but the new vocals are odd. Kinda gives it a grind vibe though. It's interesting and I await more bits from the album.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Sounds fine to me, but the new vocals are odd. Kinda gives it a grind vibe though. It's interesting and I await more bits from the album.

As ever, not listening til the album comes out, but excited by this post!!

rjnix_0329

Reaction score
With any technical music, a few listens can be necessary to get into a new song or album, but...I just don't know about this one. Very strange mix, and I'm not a fan of the song structure either.

Reaction score
This was really unexpected.

I don't know what to think.

-Guitars lack riffing
-Vocals are weird
-George not going crazy on drums
-Are those guitars in standard tuning??!?!?

What happened to this:

Or this:

:(

Invader

97.5 The Brodeo
Reaction score
I can get over the mix, but the vocals are just... weird. I hope the super low growls that Dallas does on the previous albums aren't completely gone.

Reaction score
And before anyone says George is going crazy on drums, listen to what he is capable of:

Where are those feet mang?

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
I hear some DEATH influence in some of those opening riffs, I dig it.

As far as the rest, the mix seems to have a more old-school approach...the egyptian theme is kind of lost now, sounds a LOT like original nile. me likey

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
Sounds like Nile to me. The shouting vocals are indeed weird though.

maliciousteve

Contributor
Reaction score
That fucking snare :mad::noway:

Vocals suck

Guitars aren't too bad

That snare needs to be sorted out, it just fucks everything else.

Chorus was pretty cool :yesway:

Overall it seems like a pretty disjointed song.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
This has already been posted, but I love it. The production is kinda raw, but still good enough to not ruin it. It's certainly better produced than some older material.

The vocals are different, but pretty cool in my opinion. Something a bit different. Riffs are fucking awesome and the snare doesn't bother me, though it has in previous Nile material.

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
If anything, the vocals, production and riffing remind me of the first Nile album.

prashanthan

Reaction score
Not a fan. It's an incredibly disjointed song, feels like they just threw together the first random riffs they could think of. That on top of the terrible mix makes the whole thing feel really jarring. Yeah, and the vocals are shit.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
I haven't gotten to listen to it more than a couple of times, but I can't say I like it.

That new song that they played live (Supreme Humanism of Megalomania), however, was awesome and embodied everything I've come to expect from them.

^I hope the album is more like this. THAT is Nile in my mind :hbang::hbang:

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
Who said there's no crazy drumming in this song, and what song were they actually listening to? :scratch:

Also, the Egyptian theme is far from lost... This is different and weird, but seriously, we need Nile to mix it up a bit here and there. Or, rather, I appreciate it at least

oompa

Ze..
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh ye newer fans :lol:

If anything, the vocals, production and riffing remind me of the first Nile album.

This guy's got it right. Vocals sound just like they did back on the first albums, and Black Seeds of Vengeance, the album that got me into them, except these are of production ~15 years later.

Personally I love the old Nile, I prefer them going in that direction rather than taking the 'radicult' route :lol: And I was never into Nile for neither the vocals or the production, I like their weirder riffing and beats, and I look forward to hearing them more clearly than ever on this album :yesway:

Equivoke

dickbut
Reaction score
So I'm guessing some of you have heard the new Nile song?

Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceased' (PREMIERE) - Noisecreep

Personally I had great expectations for this, thinking it would be even more epic than their last two albums. I was wrong.
- The song has no structure
- The vocals sound like someone puking and generally being ill
- The whole just feels pointless, it goes nowhere
- The mix is absolutely abysmal. What the hell?!

What do you think?

Stopped taking your comment seriously here.

I really like it. The mix is a bit weird, but more Karl vocals/a the thrashier style of vocals are cool.

This was really unexpected.

I don't know what to think.

-Guitars lack riffing
-Vocals are weird
-George not going crazy on drums
-Are those guitars in standard tuning??!?!?

What happened to this:

Or this:

:(

I hate to break it too you, and it may be a surprise, but the new song is in fact not either of the songs you posted, it's a new song by the same band.

Also just because the song isn't Kafir doesn't mean George isn't doing hard stuff, or going to to do "krayzzee" stuff on the album. If you are listening to a band purely for blast beats at 290 you are doing it wrong.

')