Nile, wtf?

• Thread starter Dores
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

exo

Reaction score
So I'm guessing some of you have heard the new Nile song?

Nile: 'The Fiends Who Come to Steal the Magick of the Deceased' (PREMIERE) - Noisecreep

Personally I had great expectations for this, thinking it would be even more epic than their last two albums. I was wrong.
- The song has no structure
- The vocals sound like someone puking and generally being ill
- The whole just feels pointless, it goes nowhere
- The mix is absolutely abysmal. What the hell?!

What do you think?

Uhh.....this sounds EXACTLY LIKE NILE. I don't get the bitching about anything other than the mix............

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lirtle

Reaction score
The only thing I hate is that fucking snare. Everything else sounded pretty good to me.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I don't mind the vocals. Mix could've been a bit thicker and drums could've been a bit lower but it's perfectly listenable.

What I'm worried about is the promo shot... Nile gone pretty boy?
nile2012f.jpg

....where are the pretty boys?

Guitarman700

Reaction score
I AM BIG FAN
MAKE LOTZ OF MUZIK. LOTZ.
BUT IF YU CHANGE ANYTING
I WILL FIND YOU

Seriously though. It sounds like a livestream of a rough mix of a Nile song. Pretty much what I expected.

FrancescoFiligoi

Guitarist in Within Destruction / Abiogenesis
Reaction score
Song is good for me, but the mix is very different, and way less brutal and raw than their previous work.

shellbound

Reaction score
i don't mind the clean vocals, actually, but the shouted ones are fucking awful. guitars are kind of thin. and that snare blows.

bummer.

Icecold

Reaction score
If been a big Nile kick recently and I really enjoyed this song. This band needed a change at some point down the line, on the last 2 albums it would get to a point to where I could barely tell the difference between most of the tracks.

Quantumface

Reaction score
if anything the production is my favorite part. Solid clarity on everything IMO. as far as the riffing, typical Nile riffing with terrible ear for harmony. Idk if theyve always thought that shit sounds "egyption" or what, but god damn. and what were they thinking with the vocals this time around.

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
Guitar tones are iffy, but that may just be my shitty headphones.

Vocals are super awesome though. Reminds me of Disma.

Nirob

The Silent One
Reaction score
i heard it for the first time and i thought wtf happened to their massive guitar tone???! I did'nt like the guitar tone at all... sounds really thin, scooped for my taste.

imlikemike

Reaction score
I'll agree I'm not fond of the guitar tone this time around, but I'll hold my judgement until I've listened to the whole album when it's released.

IronGoliath

Reaction score
Way to jump the gun lads. Nile is the most consistent and best death metal band PERIOD.

Wait for the album to come out. Keep Calm and Kafir!

Ninjahat

Reaction score
Stopped taking your comment seriously here.

I really like it. The mix is a bit weird, but more Karl vocals/a the thrashier style of vocals are cool.

I hate to break it too you, and it may be a surprise, but the new song is in fact not either of the songs you posted, it's a new song by the same band.

Also just because the song isn't Kafir doesn't mean George isn't doing hard stuff, or going to to do "krayzzee" stuff on the album. If you are listening to a band purely for blast beats at 290 you are doing it wrong.

PFFFFFFFT! The ONLY thing I care about is blast beats. If a band doesn't have any blastbeats, why bother listening?

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Having listened to so much Mithras, I quite liked the shouted vocals.

I don't get the comparison between this and Black Seeds of Vengence though. Even Black Seeds of Vangence had massive balls guitar wise.

Sick album art though.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
Can't say too much until I hear more, but I'm all for different sonics and slightly different style. Some of us have been following Nile for 15yrs now, so stylistic drift to some degree is welcome IMHO.

Latest posts

')