Nile, wtf?

• Thread starter Dores
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Oh ye newer fans :lol:

This guy's got it right. Vocals sound just like they did back on the first albums, and Black Seeds of Vengeance, the album that got me into them, except these are of production ~15 years later.

Personally I love the old Nile, I prefer them going in that direction rather than taking the 'radicult' route :lol: And I was never into Nile for neither the vocals or the production, I like their weirder riffing and beats, and I look forward to hearing them more clearly than ever on this album :yesway:

Black Seeds of Vengeance is the only Nile album I own. So when I heard this new song I was like, "sounds like Nile." :lol: :shrug:

brutus627

Givah some!
Reaction score
Been a huge fan since the catacombs album, seen them a bajillion times, played a show with them...this is some good Nile to me and I'm quite sure it's not gonna be the same track in 10 or so slots on the album so have some faith! The vox aren't what we're all used to but they have like a deathly dark sound to them to my ears...very evil:hbang: Dallas will def bring out some guts at some point when it counts and it will be punishing:scream:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
The way the vocals are mixed seems a little weird when he is doing that yelling thing (probably needs to be compressed a bit more and maybe lowered in volume), and the mix doesn't sound nearly as nice as their previous release, but this song is awesome I dunno wtf OP is on.

As for guitar tone, I honestly don't care for the tones a lot of people here seem to go for or say is awesome, so different strokes and all.

Auslander

Complete Bastard
Reaction score
Crossposted from another forum:

"This particular song is probably the "cleanest" one from an instrumental point of view. The complexity of all the guitar parts, and in particular stacking them four deep - at 260bpm - meant that too much dirt or distortion in the sound just blurred a lot of the note clarity, which unfortunately has happened in the past. That was not acceptable.

When you spend hours everyday for months practising the parts with a clean guitar sound, you want to hear the notes you've been playing, not muddy them up with lots of fuzz.

In the albums that I've done, this song was BY FAR the one that took the longest to track guitars. Possibly twice as long if not more.

The detail in the parts meant a lot of painstaking work - I think over two days solid for the guitars. With a muddier / gainier sound it would have been faster, and business as usual, but we really couldn't hear the notes the way we wanted to, hence opting for a clearer sonic approach this time. That might not appeal so much to people who want a dirty, grimy Nile, but to be fair the band don't want to play stuff and not be able to hear it clearly.

The same applies to the usual drum triggering comments - George absolutely loves the drum sound, so as far as I'm concerned, making him happy is all that really matters. It's their album after all. He wants to hear every detail that he plays, so we opt for a lot more clarity and somewhat less fatness (lots of woof blurs the details when you play at these ridiculous speeds, up to 282 bpm on this record, so you have to clean it up)

This time we went in a bit of a different direction and cleaned up the gain / guitar sound more so that all the notes are much more clearly there.

Bass has never really figured prominently on most Nile records, but it's certainly in there, although on the stream with the high end emphasised due to downsampling etc. you're not likely to hear the lows as well as you will on the record."

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
Just heard the whole thing, and "Fiends" is probably the tamest track on it. :lol:

It's really good though. I did notice that the solos seemed a bit more thought out, and the tone definitly works to the leads' advantage.

So far my top picks are "When My Wrath Is Done" and "Supreme Humanism of Megalomania". :shred:

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Seems like technically this album is going to be a step up, even for Nile.

IronGoliath

Reaction score
Just heard the whole thing, and "Fiends" is probably the tamest track on it. :lol:

It's really good though. I did notice that the solos seemed a bit more thought out, and the tone definitly works to the leads' advantage.

So far my top picks are "When My Wrath Is Done" and "Supreme Humanism of Megalomania". :shred:

How :fawk:

ShreddingDragon

Silence the discord
Reaction score

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
the songs on the new album are killer - the 192 kbps version I heard sounds a bit thin but the songs are killer - cannot wait to hear the real deal - especially on vinyl!

Stealth7

Reaction score

Edit: I think it's out now, anyone have it?

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
I got the cd on friday, it's really good!! The mix threw me off at first, but after getting used to it, I think it sounds great. It's so crystal clear, and you can hear everything! No muddiness whatsoever.

And the liner notes are great as usual! The music is absolutely insane. I need more listens to take it all in.

')