Nile, wtf?

• Thread starter Dores
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Really looking forward to hearing the album for the first time tomorrow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
The album just gets better and better! Listening to it again now while making some dinner, and damn this album grooves like hell! While it is really brutal and technical, it has this awesome groove at the same time. Nothing like headbanging while making some burgers.

TankJon666

Reaction score
WTF?? All I hear is a fucking kick arse Nile track. Vocals sound the same as they always have to me. As for the guitars, it sounds like Karl and Dallas have gone for a slightly less scooped guitar sound than usual and dropped the gain a touch (still a lot of it though :D ) ...way clearer than previous Nile records. Drums sound is like a cross between Annhilation of the Wicked and Black Seeds of Vengeance.

All in all! It's a sick track! Can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

Edit: A quick scout of youtube for old Nile and I spotted the best qoute ever!!

"I had long hair for a while..short hair for awhile..the whole time I liked MY METAL.....who cares who has short or long hair. My balls have long hair. Who cares about my balls! Enjoy the METAL"

Unknown Doodl3.2

look at each other..
Reaction score
Best they've done since Black Seeds.

Mix is also great; Riffs sound brutal and don't need a mountain of gain to do so.

Tribunal of the Dead is FUCKING MASSIVE

Reaction score
The first track we heard was pre-production, and a little misleading.

The album sounds great. Classic Nile.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Got the new album, and I love it. Production is a little weird, but it's still listenable. The vocals are really cool and some of the riffs are ridiculously technical.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Bought the album today and gave it a spin through my car's ridiculously awesome speakers

This album sounds awesome and y'all are on crack if you think the production is garbage, this is nothing less than your standard Nile album

book_of_lies777

Reaction score
Bought the album today and gave it a spin through my car's ridiculously awesome speakers

This album sounds awesome and y'all are on crack if you think the production is garbage, this is nothing less than your standard Nile album

I'm guessing alot of folks are listening to downloaded mp3s of varying quality... the real CD is gonna sound SOOOOOOOOOO much better. :yesway: (Support your bands and BUY their music!)

Mp3s loose alot of sonic quality, but people prefer the convenience factor over quality - an unfortunate reflection of the times we live in. :rolleyes:

"Now-a-days, people know the price of everything, but the value of nothing."

~ Oscar Wilde

NovaReaper

Banned
Reaction score
new cd is pretty fuckin awesome, those complaining about the production are deathcore fans, am not surprised at all.

Maggai

Slayer of the gods
Reaction score
The album just gets better after every listen. So awesome.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
new cd is pretty fuckin awesome, those complaining about the production are deathcore fans, am not surprised at all.

it's awesome and very song specific too. Might be confusing or off putting, but it's certainly right for this CD

nickgray

Reaction score
Mp3s loose alot of sonic quality, but people prefer the convenience factor over quality

There are lots of mp3 encoders and encoding methods. By far, the best way way to encode mp3s is by using LAME with V2 or V0 preset. It's completely transparent in virtually every single scenario. The whole "mp3 sucks" thing is a huge myth dating back to late 90s and early 00s, when mp3 were indeed pretty lousy due to hardware limitations and slow internet. PCs at the time just couldn't handle good and fast lossy encoding and playback, and of course, p2p played a huge role in mp3s popularity, which is why bitrates of 128 or even 96 were preferred due to crappy internet speed. Nowadays we can easily achieve transparency, but the myth carries on.

Reaction score
The album just gets better after every listen. So awesome.
so true
Everything is so clear, tight, and brutal.
I LOVE this disc

not sure what the production homos are talking about. Shit sounds amazing!
Perhaps not listening to a shitty download copy, or maybe some decent speakers/headphones
I've listenend to it through my meh'tastic Creative computer speakers, Polk Monitor 70's, and my car and they all sound amazing.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I have the CD. I listened to it through my really nice audio system. It's a good album, but that song the original poster is complaining about is pretty weak IMO. It's the worst track on the album I think. I'd recommend still checking out the rest of the album. The production is disappointing but IMO Nile's production has always been questionable. Seymour Duncan Invader mud never helps drop A tunings in my experience ;)

')